|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-06-04 22:57:00
|Entry tags:||master list, mod post|
The 2008 Winter Author snarry_games are nearly over. We have just posted the last of a Grand Total of 70 Snarry Fic entries. We are always very happy and awed by the overwhelming response and support of this project, and would like to thank everyone who has been involved. The mods, the Champions, the voters and judges, the reviewers and reporters, the affiliates. Thank you all!
We now move into our final voting phase. We will be giving everyone until mid Sunday, June 8, to finish their voting. The polls will remain open until that time, and then will be closed to enable the Mods to begin the counting process. You can also take this time to edit your votes, if necessary. It is easy to edit your poll: you can change your answer by clicking on the poll #, and then clicking the [ Fill-out Poll ] link at the top. Don't forget to click on "submit poll" after you've changed your answers.
Under the cut, you will find the Master List of all the submissions to help guide you to the entries that you may have missed during this 7 week flurry of Snarry.
Do not think the community will be idle, there will be special treats coming up for you. We were unable to organise our usual closing Games Drabbles this year, but both Team Phoenix and Team Dragon have some great treats for you, including a Blooper/Missing scene challenge!
And now, we leave you with:
To make sure you haven't missed any entries, you may find the Team DRAGON and Team PHOENIX entries by tag, or individually via this list:
2008 Winter Snarry Author Games in alphabetical order:
1. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Amand_r "The (Un)Professional" Word Count: ~42,363; Summary: "Sir, it's out of my hands. The gods want you to go to your Hogwarts reunion, and they want you to delete someone while you're there."
2. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Amanuensis "The Two Magicians" Word Count: ~4,300; Summary: "So she became a full-dressed ship a-sailing on the sea / But he became a bold captain and aboard of her went he..."
3. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Aqua Alta "Ghost Story" Word Count: ~7,166; Summary: Two years after the events of Half Blood Prince, after two years of war, of set-backs and successes, Harry, Snape and the rest of the Order of the Phoenix are working on planning their final thrust against Voldemort and the Death Eaters. They come to realise that, in times of war, victory exacts a terrible price.
4. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: BabblingBrook42 "The Truth of Legends" Word Count: ~28,200; When Severus’s great uncle dies, he leaves Severus the estate and an unknown and unmentioned ward who is more than meets the eye.
5. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Belleamante "Vigil" Word Count: ~2050; Summary: The Veil was cold.
6. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Carawen "Beatae Memoriae (Of Blessed Memory)" Word Count: ~13,000; Summary: 275 years after the final battle, a young man sets out to prove that Harry Potter was not a Dark wizard.
7. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Centaury_Squill "Lost and Found" Word Count: ~16,000; Summary: After Lord Voldemort's defeat Harry finds Snape again in a new setting. Events conspire against the former Potions master, and Harry enlists the support of his friends to clear Snape's name. But Neville is absorbed in his beloved plants, Ron is less than enthusiastic, and Hermione has problems of her own — while Snape himself seems to have forgotten something important...
8. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Dacro "Act Five: Deconstruction of an Architect" Word Count: ~8500 Summary: A reporter once asked of me, ‘Sir. If the most notable moments of your life were to be documented for the stage, how many acts would there be, and what would they be called?’ I was of a mind to ignore him, and yet an answer came to my lips—much to my surprise. “Four acts—in no certain order: Death of a Father, Death of a Servant, The Bridge, and The Arrival of the Boy." There is also this movement, a fifth and final act that I neglected to share with him. It has no title as of yet.
9. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Dracofiend "Dalliance, a Convenience" Word Count: ~5350; Summary: It's an ordinary convenience that Severus enjoys.
10. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Draconic Girl "Acceptable Losses" Word Count: ~32,000; Summary: An unexpected sacrifice opens the doorway to a new life for Severus Snape.
11. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Eeyore9990 "How Harry Rescued a Reluctant Snape, Pissed Off the Wizengamot, and Got Laid for His Efforts" Word Count: ~12,000; Summary: *see Title*
12. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Empathic Siren "For the Love of a Good Woman" Word Count: ~6,000; Summary: Love defines our choices, our lives, our everything. How does it define Snape and Harry? Harry finds out when he learns that Snape has unexpectedly died. Over the course of seven days, we learn of the relationship he and Harry had after the war, and what it meant to Harry, what it meant to Severus.
13. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: FitofPique "MadeUp Lullaby #43" Word Count: ~20,500; Summary: People who say they sleep like a baby don't usually have one.
14. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Gingertart "Getting Familiar" Word Count: ~15,000; Summary: Snape has watched over Potter for so long that nothing from poisonous snakes and assassins to amorous doppelgangers can stop him. Eventually he's going to figure out why.
15. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: HPStrangelove "Aberrations of Love and Hate" Word Count: ~58,705; Summary: Harry Evans knew he should hate Severus Snape for what he was doing to him. No matter what words Snape made Harry say as far as choice went, Snape was still effectively forcing Harry to have sex with him, or so Snape thought. But as far as Harry was concerned, it couldn't be considered force if he wanted and enjoyed all the wonderfully depraved things Snape did to him.
16. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: I Got Tired of Waiting "Norbert et Chloë" Word Count: ~77,000; Summary: Norbert and Chloë are destined to be life-mates, or at least they will be, if they can just find each other. However, to gain true contentment, they have to help their respective humans find their own happiness--hopefully together. An eggsemplum on the meaning of heart's ease and the capricious nature of second chances.
17. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Ivylady "Rights and Rituals" Word Count: ~31,000; Summary: Drastic measures were taken to ensure Severus's aid to Harry. Years later, the two discover the depths of their connection.
18. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Jadzialove "Of Cabbages and Kings" Word Count: ~24,000; Summary: Harry was supposed to enjoy life after the war. Instead, he can barely stay awake for it. Running out of hope, he finds help from the most unusual sources, and in a wholly unexpected place.
19. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Josan "One Down, Two Across" Word Count: ~22,291; Summary: When is a crossword puzzle not a crossword puzzle? When it leads Harry on an adventure.
20. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Klynie "The Ghostwriter" Word Count: ~29,000; Summary: Hiring a ghostwriter for his autobiography reveals secrets Harry would prefer to leave hidden.
21. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Lilyseyes "Immaculate Misconception" Word Count: ~25,000; Summary: Harry managed to save Snape that night in the Shrieking Shack with healing magic but Harry didn’t know his own strength...
22. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Loupgarou1750 "Sadness of Eros" Word Count: 63,000; Summary: The open palm of desire wants everything*, or Harry cheats.
23. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Meri Oddities "Escaping The Paradox" Word Count: 35,706; Summary: After Harry is thrown back in time to 1971, he has several choices to make.
24. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Mimiheart "Troublesome Transition" Word Count: ~5500; Summary: Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. ~Isaac Asimov
25. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Perfica "Come Out Of The West" Word Count: ~8,978; Summary: Spending time with an injured man causes a bored Harry Potter to rethink his options in life.
26. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: RaeWhit "Down the Rabbit Hole" Word Count: ~48,000+; Summary: For Harry and Snape, the war might be over, but the battle isn't.
27. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Rakina "The First-born Child" Word Count: ~71,000; Summary: Come, my friends, and listen to the tale of a flawed hero; the tale of Severus Snape who loves Lily Evans and is determined to have her. But when Lily passes beyond his reach, Severus manages to salvage something for himself: Lily will give him her child. Her first-born child, to be his own, his wife, and his love. Lily only has one child, and she comforts herself that her contract with Severus is void, for Lily's first-born is a son, and Severus had wanted a wife: a girl just like her mother. Severus thinks rather differently; Lily owes him. But in acquiring Harry Potter he discovers, belatedly, that love cannot be coerced or bought however desperate your need; that love is free, and the most valuable thing in the world.
28. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: SchemingReader "Benefits" Word Count: ~9,629; Summary: Harry dreams that Snape is alive and needs his help. But can Snape survive Harry's 'saving people thing'?
29. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Simon's Flower "Chains" Word Count: ~12,500; Summary: On holiday for the first time, Quidditch star Harry Potter falls ill due to goblin inattention. One person can help him, but dare he trust the missing-in-action double-agent Severus Snape with his life?
30. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Stepmnstr "Seeking Silence" Word Count: ~ 7,000; Summary: In one seeker's search for silence he finds a new beginning.
31. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Svartalfur "Polyjuice Pertinacity or The Tale of the Auror and the Whore" Word Count: ~ 22,000; Summary: Harry and Snape's jobs collide.
32. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: The ConCept "And Malfoy Makes Three" Word Count: ~40,000; Summary: Snape completely misinterprets Harry's oblique hints about a baby.
33. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: The Minx 17 "When Fate Steps In" Word Count: ~20,000; Summary: Sometimes the best wishes are the ones that sneak up on you.
34. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: ThreeSidedOrchid "Learning to Speak" Word count: ~10,000; Summary: "Most men spend their lives trying to either brush off the ashes of their youth, or rekindle them. The truth is that the only way to move forward is to accept them."
35. TEAM DRAGON ENTRY: Who_La_Hoop "The Sleeping Prince" Word Count: ~41,600; Summary: It's hard to ignore your past — and impossible to do so when you can't remember your future. But a meddlesome portrait, a dragon with an ancient grudge and true love's kiss teach an unlikely Prince that a regrettable past doesn't have to mean an unhappy ending
36. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Abigail "Seventy Times Seven" Word Count: ~16,678; Summary: Auror Harry Potter finally gets his man, and Severus Snape learns the meaning of 'seventy times seven'.
37. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Adbaculum "Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs: A Comedy" Word Count: ~8300; Summary: When his lover gets himself into a bad situation, Harry comes to the rescue. Whether the stubborn git likes it or not, damn it.
38. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Alisanne "Absolutely Unspeakable" Word Count: ~11400; Summary: In which Harry finally understands the motto: what happens in Unspeakable Bootcamp, stays in Unspeakable Bootcamp.
39. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Beth H "Learning the Landscape" Word Count: ~21,000;
Summary: Second generation celebrity, pop sensation, rising movie star: Harry Potter is looking for something more meaningful in his life than mere fame. However, when he inexplicably decides to make ex-con Steven Snape part of that "something more meaningful," well...it's too much to expect the press to ignore it forever.
40. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Chazpure "Water Lilies and Lotus Seeds" Word Count: ~11,800; Summary: When his godson recommended a "fascinating" Muggle establishment for a relaxing experience, Harry was intrigued, but he was unprepared for finding the owner fascinating as well.
41. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Countess_HP "Murder in London" Word Count: ~9800; Summary: Severus thought that if he caught the 'Ritual' killer he could be promoted. But what happens when a he becomes too close to boy he is supposed to protect. Will he risk his reputation to get him back?
42. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: CruiseDirector "A Pastoral Interlude" Word Count: ~12,000; Summary: On an unhappy Christmas Eve in Somerset, Harry finds the last person he expects to see cooking in the kitchen of an inn.
43. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: DementorDelta "That Place in The Dark" Word Count: ~15,800; Summary: Severus Snape has survived the war and the Dark Lord, but he may not survive Harry Potter.
44. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Eriador "The Ghost of Dursley Hall" Word Count: ~22,600; Summary: Dursley Hall is rumoured to be haunted, but when Severus Snape becomes a tutor for Dudley Dursley, the truth is much more unexpected than that...
45. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Faynia "Not a Lost Cause" Word Count: ~5, 575; Summary: Magic has no power over the human heart. - Merlin
46. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Femmequixotic "Exegesis" Word Count: ~49,150; Summary: Every culture has their tales regarding creatures of the night.
47. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Fuschia "Playing Azkaban" Word Count: ~6,200; Summary: Using a pensieve confiscated during a raid, Harry enters two memories of Snape and Lily that Snape has left behind.
48. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Gin_Tonic "No Words, No Sleep" Word Count: ~17,000; Summary: If you lose your ability to speak, do you lose your independence? The power to decide what is right for you and your life? If you lose your ability to speak, do you lose your intelligence, your character, or all the other features that make you you?
49. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Iulia Linnea "Amidst the Doxies" Word Count: ~6900; Summary: Adelaide Alderton, an accomplished lady of leisure, now retired and in hiding deceased, makes (discreet) mention in her memoirs of two "celebrated" war heroes.
50. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Iulia Linnea (Pinch) "His Green Haunting" Word Count: ~1665; Summary: Severus works with silver to understand green.
51. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Jin Fenghuang "Fridays at Half Seven" Word Count: ~12,000; Summary: Five years after the war and all is not well. The dream Harry had of a family, a happily ever after, was just that: a dream. Ginny has left him and his friends are caught up in building their own lives. With nothing more interesting than the latest Quidditch scandal to report on the media has turned to stalking Harry, documenting his slow descent into infamy. If only there were a way for him to escape their unwanted attention..
52. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Leela Cat "Imaginis" Word Count: ~ 51,300; Summary: When children are threatened, Severus Snape does the right thing for once and finds himself saddled with suspended Auror, Harry Potter. Some people can't help but be themselves, while others appear to be someone else. And, in the middle of it all, a meddling portrait finds unexpected freedom and hope for the future.
53. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: LinW "The Oiran" Word Count: ~33,300; Summary: When the Dark Lord orders his favored Potion Master to investigate some puzzling medical data collected by the Ministry, Severus Snape is thrust into an underground world full of halfbloods and Muggleborns trying to survive in a Wizarding world controlled by blood prejudice. There, he meets the green-eyed entertainer called The Phoenix, and a larger plot of potions injustice and Ministry apathy unfolds.
54. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: MistressMaraj "Into the Abyss" Word Count: ~14,000;
Summary: Brutally attacked by a Dementor the day after the final battle, Harry struggles to find his way back to himself and defeat Voldemort...again. Will Snape, who has his own agenda, be able to save Harry from himself?
55. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: NenyaEntwhistle "Some Notes Exchanged" Word Count: ~4800; Summary: Sometimes all you need for something to start are some little notes.
56. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Odogoddess "All Butterbeer & Gobstones" Word Count: ~ 17,500; Summary: What is a bored, naked spirit to do? Aside from that...
57. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Perverse Idyll "When the Rose and the Fire Are One" Word Count: ~81,000; Summary: Harry's haunted by guilt. Snape's warded by roses. Each must free the other in order to free himself.
58. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Pirfancier "Stilllife" Word Count: ~ 37,155; Summary: Snape is killed by Voldemort. But not really.
59. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: R_Grayjoy "In the Time It Takes to Drink a Pint of Ale" Word Count: ~6350; Summary: A chance meeting leads to the disruption of Harry's perfect life. Or, the road to epiphany is paved with pints of ale.
60. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Shadowess "Effleurage" Word Count: ~6356; Summary: Lucius suggests to Severus that he should go see a Massage Therapist.
61. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Sinick & Ac1d6urn "Red Right Hand" Word Count: ~49000; Summary: In a world where winning the war was only half the battle, will Harry Potter's crazy heroics be enough to save an outcast?
62. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Tarteaucitron "Look for me here" Word Count: ~22,497; Summary: It is the fag-end of the Death Eater trials. Despite some initial reluctance, Auror Investigator Potter finds that his last assigned case gives him something to get his teeth into.
63. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: TheMostePotente "A Tableau of Fire and Ice" Word Count: ~27,500 words; Summary: When an archaeological dig yields an artefact with interminable power, Harry must weigh his choices carefully - or risk catastrophic consequences.
64. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: TheScarletWoman "Promises to Keep" Word Count: ~18,400; Summary: Placed under house arrest before the trial, Severus has to rely on the kindness of strangers for his every need. When those strangers attempt to murder him before the trial, Harry takes over his care and his legal defense much to Severus' utter dismay. Harry shoehorns himself into Severus' life and Severus learns there are some things worth living for
65. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Treewishes "Kukolka" Word Count: ~17,500; Summary: Harry Potter receives a gift from his dying mother that is much more than it seems. (Pretty lame summary, you say? Where's the romance, where's the adventure, you ask? Well, I'll tell you, it's all here. Flying Cauldrons. Magic Wands. Bad men. Good men. Love. Hate. Revenge. Ugliest witches. Bravest wizards. Ogres. Giants. Curses. Death. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles. Come on now, try to keep up....)
66. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Unbroken Halo "Revealing Truth" Word Count: ~15,000; Summary: “The search for truth is more precious than its possession.” By Albert Einstein
67. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Vain "To Stay the Shadow" Wod Count:25,400; Summary:Once upon a time Severus Snape fell in love. And then everything went wrong.
68. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Venivincere "A Superior Choice" Word Count: ~5,413; Summary: "Tabula rasa," Harry says again, because it's the only thing he can think of with Snape's nose so close to his face, pushing everything else to the edge of his vision. He's tipped his head up slightly and can smell the institutional powdered soap on Snape's neck, the spicy, musky damp of his collar. Something boils through Harry's anger in a billowy roll, leaving him with a startling amount of desperation bubbling on top of it and a sudden awareness that he'd never been closer to Snape in his life. "Potter. My tabula will never be rasa."
69. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Yura Slash "The Upper Air Burst into Life" Word Count: ~15,700; Summary: Harry can forgive Severus, but can Severus forgive himself?
70. TEAM PHOENIX ENTRY: Ziasudra "Second Life" Word Count: ~17,750 words; Summary: After sending Lily off to Hogwarts, Harry realised he had a lot of time he could now devote to his Snape obsession. Set post-war, fully canon and epilogue compliant, including canon-compliant Harry/Ginny to the best of my ability—no Ginny bashing here.