It's come to our attention that a person and their sockpuppet account have been taking icons without credit and posting them to their own icon community. They've been banned from this community, since our rules prohibit such behavior. Personally, most (if not all) of my posts are credit optional, however, that doesn't mean that other people who post here can't request credit for their icons nor does it mean that icons can be reposted (credit or not) without notifying the maker and getting their consent. While some claim that icons are "just a crop job," that often is not the case, and aside from that argument, it's extremely bad netiquette to repost without permission and/or fail to credit a maker who requests it. Also, some people do use their original photography to make their icons, which would be considered copyright infringement.
With that said, would you like this community to become Friends-Only? People would need to join in order to see icons, and anyone (aside from those who've been banned) is welcome to join, no need for moderator approval. If you have any other comments or concerns, please let me know.
1. Absolutely NO depictions of violence against cats, kittens, or any other animal and doing so will result in banning.
2. Any feline (housecat, tiger, bobcat, etc.), whether drawn or photographed, is welcome here. Sexually explicit icons of Furries should be posted elsewhere, such as nsfw_icons (you must be 18 or older to apply for membership).
3. You may display up to three teaser icons, one colorbar, or a small graphic before your LJ cut. If you're not sure how to make an LJ cut, please visit this entry in the IJ FAQ.
4. You may request or take requests for cat and kitten icons, banners, and graphics.
5. Do not claim another's work as your own. Do not repost icons elsewhere without the icon maker's permission. If you do it and either the graphics maker reports it or I discover it on my own, you will lose community access be banned.
6. Please keep your comments courteous and polite. If an icon maker has asked for a critique or feedback, you may provide constructive criticism. Bashing or flaming will not be tolerated.
7. You may provide a link to your own journal or community for additional icons, but text-only promotions for other communities should be posted to asylum_promo.
8. You may use images from Google, cat and kitten sites, your own cat and so on, but if a user posts images of their own pets and you use it for icons or other graphics, please give them the courtesy of letting them know you've taken it.
9. Unless otherwise noted by the maker, please credit them for their work.