|Clint Barton Is Eating Crow Again (purpleman) wrote in valarnet,|
@ 2013-05-24 18:40:00
|Entry tags:||alice ayres, bossuet, clint barton (hawkeye)|
Things I Have Learned: The Hospital Edition (posted before Eowyn wakes up, whenever she does!)
1. Despite the large numbers of sick people, shiny machines that make noises, flashy lights, and people walking out with less money than they came in with, this hospital is not, in fact, a casino and yelling "Jackpot" when it's time for my fiancee's IV to get changed isn't appropriate or funny. ...Really.
2. Nurse Jerry is not, in fact, my arch rival, even if he does try to kick me out after visiting hours and I've had to resort to hiding in the ceiling as he comes to check. Nor is Nurse Patricia.
3. Laika is incredibly protective of both me and Eowyn. Therapy dogs are no longer allowed to visit us if she is in the room at the time.
4. Green Jello is the absolute best.
5. And so are those little individual cereal packets.
6. But really, do you have to give us an itemized list indicating that the meal contained a moist toilette? It's not something that either one of us is going to consume.
7. The chaplains are about as cool as army chaplains and willing to have long involved conversations with you about anything at all, even if you don't share a religion.
8. Meerkat Manor is actually pretty damn intriguing after the first two episodes, but thank fuck for closed captioning.
9. When you send friends to pick up clothes for you, they'll post embarrassing photos from your house online. So what if I sleep in a nest sometimes? It works for me.
10. As much of a good spin as I'm trying to give this doesn't make a damn thing better. Please let her wake up soon.