This is a community for posting scans of pages from comic books and manga, in the vein of groups like depp_daily and jd_daily. Anyone wanting to post comic scans of their own is totally encouraged to do so.
CODE OF CONDUCT.
The golden rule: All posts and comments are to maintain a respectful tone towards fellow members. Posts or comments insulting other members' expressions of fannish enthusiasm will not be tolerated, and will result in the poster being banned from the community. Note: if you see someone making insulting comments, do not respond in kind. Contact a moderator to let them know about it.
» This community is slash-friendly. If you're uncomfortable with same-sex relationships and discussion of same, this may not be the community for you. » To reiterate: no ship wars, no "my fandom is better than yours" wank, no slash-bashing, no personal remarks. And no passive aggressive snark - your fellow community members are not stupid.
1. Each post must have at least one image scanned from a comic, or a link to one (webcomics are fine). Photo-manipulations of pages/panels do not fulfill this requirement. Pimping other communities, sites, or challenges is perfectly fine as long as you follow this rule, but writing a long-winded endorsement of this-or-that followed by one piddly scan at the end is not going to endear you or your project to anyone.
Title - Include comic title and issue number, if you know them. Body of message - Please use a cut tag if you're directly linking to an image (see below); some people are still on dial-up. If you'd like to include page numbers, that'd be cool too. Tags - They take two seconds to add and will make your post much, much easier to find for interested parties.
2. Only direct link to images on your own web space. If you'd like to point out scans on someone else's webspace to the group, please use a text link. Bandwidth theft never goes well.
3. Cut-tags are required on posts with large images (over 400x300 px), anything spoilery, or anything not safe for work, and encouraged for every post. Multiple images must always be behind cut-tags.
4. When posting images from comics released in the last six months, the issue number is required before the cut-tag. Refrain from discussing major plot details before the cut-tag. Want to discuss spoilers without spoiling others? Use this code: <font style="color: black; background-color: black;">SPOILER GOES HERE.</font> (Thanks, kiseki!)
5. No more than half of the pages of a comic are allowed to be shared in a single post.
» By the same token, it defeats the purpose of the above rule if someone posts 11 pages of a 22 page issue, and then within 24 hours two other people have posted the other 11. We're here to spread the love and get others to read (and, implicitly, buy) the stories we love, not to get shut down by a cease and desist letter.
6. Before posting, please make a reasonable effort to see if the image in question has been posted before. That means checking out the tags and the subject lines on the calendar for the most recent month. ljseek.com is also an excellent resource. Post volume is getting pretty high, and we'd like to keep it at a managable level.
7. If you're about to ask - yes, we have seen Superdickery.com. It's a great, funny site. But please don't post covers and panels you found on the site, because anyone who cares to has probably already seen them.
Posts or comments in violation of these rules may be deleted without warning. Rule violators should be aware of our basic policy on warnings and banning:
1st warning - Heads up! Whatever you did to get warned, don't do it again. No further consequences. 2nd warning - No, really, cut that out. 1 week suspension. 3rd warning - Sayonara!
We reserve the right to be more lenient or strict as necessary.
If you'd like to request a scan of a particular issue or scene, post a comment here. If you'd like to help out and fill a request, check out that post's comments.
This community is maintained by rabican, schmevil, and stubbleupdate(note: stubbleupdate will not be moderating here at IJ. Don't contact him about any of this.). How to contact your mods: All mods: dailyscans[at]gmail[dot]com rabican: via PM, or through the e-mail in her profile schmevil: via PM, or through the e-mail in her profile stubbleupdate(note: stubbleupdate will not be moderating here at IJ. Don't contact him about any of this.): via PM
Unofficial community mottos: 1) At scans_daily, it's never just you. 2) It only counts as subtext if it's subtle.
(Google cache is a wonderful thing, no? Also: all user and community links are the old LJ ones.)
(From Jason's first post-crisis appearance- heck if I remember which issue.)