Old School SoulBonds
|About:||This is an asylum for people who experience "soulbonding" in the original sense - a strong mental or emotional connection to a fictional character, often to the extent that you can hold mental conversations with them and enjoy their company.|
While we have nothing against plural systems (in fact, the community's maintainer identifies as plural herself), this community is not focused on the experience of plurality - it is for people who experience a strong and meaningful emotional/mental connection with fictional or historical characters to discuss that experience. Excessive discussion of multiplicity/plurality/system issues will be considered off-topic - there are plenty of other communities for that. People who feel that they and their fictive system members are sharing a body on an equal basis might do better at soulbonding or multiplicity, which is very accepting of fictive-based systems; and people who strongly feel that they are channeling spirits or contacting beings on the astral plane may wish to look for spirit-companion communities. (On the other hand, people who just wish to tell us all about their three thousand cute bishounen muses who all have hot sex all day long will be politely eyerolled at, and people who just wish to go OMG UR CRAZY LOL ITS NOT REAL or otherwise cause trouble will be politely banned. This is a community to discuss connections to fictional characters, not a place to snark about it.)
For more generalised discussion of connections and attachments to fiction, please check out our sister community dreamsandtales.
1. Please friendslock all your posts.
2. Don't edit your posts after you post them- editing for typos is fine, but removing or adding entire chunks of writing isn't, unless you make clear what you have added by using a /[edited to add] tag. Similarly, please don't delete your posts.
3. No snark. It really doesn't matter if you think it's all in good fun, that is not what this community is for. This rule will be enforced, and if you break it after being warned, you will be removed from the community. Please don't pick on the other members or cause arguments- debate is fine, obviously, but don't cross the line into personal insult. That's what personal journals are for, if you feel the need.
4. This community is for people who experience "old-school" soulbonding - i.e., a robust mental/emotional connection with a fictional character. Please stay on topic. Posts dealing with plural or multiple issues will be considered off topic, as will posts dealing with thoughts about fiction in general. (Or, indeed, posts dealing with the weather, what your cat did this morning, the latest enthralling Britney Spears scandal, etc.)
5. When you join, post an introduction - long or brief, it doesn't matter, so long as you give us some information about yourself. You can do so in the comments of this post, or start a post of your own. This is mandatory, and if you don't post an introduction within a week of joining, you will be removed. This rule is in place because we all want to be open with each other here about subjects that we may have struggled speaking about semi-publicly before, and knowing exactly who is reading what you write makes this a lot easier.
|Interests:||14: books, emotional attachments to fiction, fiction, fictional characters, headmates, headspace, imaginary friends, mental constructs, mindscapes, muses, soulbonding, soulbonds, soulscapes, videogames|
|Members:||2: futarinohimitsu, visual_syntax|
|Watched by:||2: futarinohimitsu, visual_syntax|
|Account type:||Free Patient|