Hey guys. I'm still here, don't worry. I've just been working away and whatnot. And playing video games and reading comics and stuff to make myself feel better
I rewrote the explanation post I put up a month or so ago, and I put it in more of a FAQ format so that it's, hopefully, easier. If I left anything out tell me!
1. Where/when am I? I hate to break it to you, but you have found yourself in another dimension. The exact location on the planet is Lawrence, Kansas in the United States of America, on planet Earth. And yes, that last part was necessary, believe it or not. It's currently 2009 2010, but because this is going to be the post we show people, I'm just going to say that you should ask whoever showed it to you what date it is. Or check a newspaper or something if you're near one.
2. How did I get here? A demon who wants the Apocalypse to happen broke one of the 66 Seals of the Bible. Yeah, I know. Some people aren't used to Apocalypses, or the Bible. Bare with me here. In this world, the Apocalypse is of the Biblical sort. As in wanting Lucifer (or Satan, the Devil, whatever you want to call him) to walk the earth and stuff.
3. Back up. Did you say demons? Yes. Yes I did. If you're not from a place where you've gotten used to demons and other supernatural things, I hate to just dump this on you. But they're real here. And if you are used to demons and other supernatural stuff, there's a really good chance that they're different from the ones you're used to. In this world you can't just kill them. They have to be trapped in a Devil's Trap and exorcised using a specific Latin exorcism. Don't worry, I run classes to teach you guys these things, we don't want you to be completely helpless.
Also, the reason that you can't just kill them is because they don't really have their own bodies here. They possess people. These people aren't the sort that called for them or anything like that, it could be any person walking down the street. From nuns to drug dealers. You have no idea what the person they're in was like in their life because the demon completely takes them over. If you try to just kill the demon they'll leave the body behind and the body will die. But if you exorcise the demon, the chance that they'll live is a lot bigger. But don't worry. We have amulets that you can wear that will keep them from possessing you.
4. Amulets? Like necklaces? Can't those get taken off or something? Yes, they can. And that's why we also offer lessons on self defense. The demons are strong, and you don't have to be stronger exactly. You just have to know what you're doing. Now, they don't get the amulets off of us often, but don't think that means that it absolutely won't happen to you. So be careful out there. But like I said, we're willing to teach you.
There are two options is another option aside from amulets, and they're it's very permanent. First is that You can get the symbol tattooed onto you, but it has to be very precise. I mean, it has to be perfect. Otherwise it won't work. Or you can nicely ask Clary to put the symbol on you her way, which is just as permanent as getting a tattoo but quicker. If you chose to ask her to do this, be nice about it. She doesn't have to offer to do this for people but she does.
5. Go back again. Supernatural stuff? That's weird/no problem! And it's true. But if you're used to supernatural stuff, like vampires, werewolves, all of that, don't think the rules are exactly the same here as they were wherever you got pulled here from. I'm from a world full of that stuff, and so far nothing has lined up exactly the same here as it was back here.
And if you're not used to it, sorry. I know it's weird and it's a shock, but we're also willing to tell you what we know about this stuff here.
6. I don't have to worry, I'm a superhero/alien/witch/etc! Yes you do. Just because you're powerful doesn't mean you're immune. You have to be careful just like the rest of the people here. Plus, think about it this way. If you're someone that can control fire or something, you really wouldn't want to get possessed. Because then there'd be a demon that could control fire. Bad.
7. Stop talking like Johnny Storm is going to show up. Hey, you never know. He might. And I do mean that seriously. You may be used to considering people fictional where you're from, but here several of them show up just like you did and they're very much real people. For example, Clark Kent (sorry to single you out, Clark. But you're the best example.) showed up right around the same time as me. And no, I'm not crazy. No, it's not some random guy claiming to be him. It's him. There's a lot of stuff in this place that you should just... accept, as strange as it is.
And for those of you that show up and find out that you're "fictional" in whatever worlds the rest of us are from, I'm sorry. But for the most part, people haven't been freaking out all that much over the past few months. We've all been having to learn how to handle meeting our heroes that we never thought we'd meet, but if I was able to get it under control, trust me. Anyone can. And I'm probably the biggest nerd in the city. If not the state.
8. Can I let my friends/family/loved ones/co-workers I'm safe? Only if they're already here. Sadly, we haven't figured out how to contact our home dimensions yet.
9. How do I get home? We haven't been able to figure that out yet. Some people get sent home randomly. Others of us have been here for over half a year, since this whole thing started. Yes, we have been trying to figure out how to go home, but nothing's come of it yet. And we've had some pretty powerful people working on this.
10. I'll just do a spell/teleport/open a portal! Uh, sorry. That won't work. It's been tried. Trust me.
And as a warning, when it comes to the magics, they don't always work the same here as they did in your home dimensions.
11. But I don't know what to DO here? I don't know Latin/I can't fight! Actually, we offer classes every day for fighting and self defense. And we try to work in what we know about the supernatural of this world into the classes. Plus, there's people that you can talk to for more information. While I'm not one of the natives to this world, I do know a fair amount, but not everything. We can tell you who to talk to for more of that info.
As for the classes, I run a daily Latin class to learn the exorcism, and Buffy runs the There are several self defense/fighting classes running at the complex. Yes, we are both all super duper qualified for this thanks to our own worlds.
12. I don't have anything but my clothes on my back! Where am I supposed to live? We have a secure apartment building set up. It's probably the most secure structure in the country, actually. It guards against pretty much everything from demons to the common cat burglar. And the apartments in the building are free of charge, so you don't have to worry about rent. Plus, there's a community kitchen as well as the individual kitchens in the apartments. We try to keep it stocked with food because we know it's hard for people who don't actually exist here to find jobs.
It's at [address] and there's a map [here]. We're the sparkly star.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away. I'll do my best to answer them, and if I can't I'll find someone who can.
Oh, and I'm Andrew. One of the co-heads of the building along with Buffy. Our second in command is named Paige, and our third is named Needy. Trust me, it is necessary to have such a long chain of command.
[ooc: He's going to add the part about the apartment building back in later. There's still people like Glory to worry about, after all.]