Queer as Folk Icon Contests
|Name:||Queer As Folk Icon Contests|
|Theme:||Queer As Folk Icon Contests|
WELCOME TO ICONICS
What is Iconics? It's a Queer As Folk Icon Contest Asylum.
Who can participate? Anyone with a passion for making icons of our Queer As Folk gang! Even if you can't make icons please stick around and participate in voting.
How does it work?
Challenges are posted once a month. Icon makers will have 2 weeks after the challenge post goes up to create their icons. At the end of 2 weeks the voting post goes up. Voting stays open for one week. Winners will then be announced and the winners banners posted.
PART 1 ~ SCREEN CAPS ~ I will provide 4 screen caps from which you will choose 2 to make icons from. You may use whatever textures, brushes, text etc. that your heart desires.
PART 2 ~ PROMPT ~ I will provide a prompt which you will make 2 icons for. For example, prompts may include things like the diner, the loft, babylon, a specific character etc. You will find your own screen caps and make 2 icons that fit the prompt.
PART 3 ~ SPECIAL ~ This part will vary from challenge to challenge. I may provide a texture that has to be used, I may require text on the icon, I may require a black & white icon or animation etc. Sometimes I will provide the screen cap and sometimes I won't. It will depend on the specific challenge. You will make 2 icons for this part.
1. Do not post your contest icons in your own journal, at any other icon asylums or upload them to your user pics before the winners are announced. You will be disqualified for that challenge if you do so.
2. Do not put your user name or any other identifying characters in your icon file name. For example, do not name icons such as "part1_brianslave68" or "part1_bs68". It's pretty easy to figure out who made the icons if they're named this way! I will not spend the time to rename them for you, so if you do this your icons will not be included for voting
3. Icon file names must be 6 characters or less. I regret having to make this rule but I've run into problems with placing the icon links in the voting polls. I've had to spend a lot of time renaming the icons during the first 2 challenges, so I'm now going to require the icon makers to name the icons according to this new rule.
4. Do not ask people to vote for you. It's cheating, and nobody likes a cheater.
5. All icons must fit the 100x100 size limit here on InsaneJournal.
6. Unless otherwise noted in the challenge all icons must be static. (ie; no animation) (I may run an animated icon challenge occasionally)
7. Challenge participants may not vote for their own icons.
8. Feel free to pimp the challenges in your own journal.
9. Voting ties will be broken with a second poll that will remain open for 2 days only.
10. HAVE FUN!
How does the voting work? To start off, each part of the challenge will have its own poll for voting. There will be winners for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each part. If there is not enough participation for every part voting may need to be combined across all parts. I will also select a "Mods Choice" icon for each challenge. This will be my personal favorite and I will choose that icon before the voting post is up so that I'm not swayed by the voting results. I may also, on occasion, have additional voting & winners for other categories such as 'best crop', 'best color', 'best text' etc. Again this will all depend on the level of participation!
Am I required to make icons for each part of the challenge? No, make icons for whichever part inspires you. But, keep in mind, we need to keep the participation levels interesting. What fun is it if everyone only makes icons for the parts where I provide the screen caps? Step out of your comfort zone and rise to the challenge!
Where can I ask questions about the rules of the asylum or post suggestions for future challenges?
Where can I find screen caps for Queer As Folk? Here are links to several online sites where screen caps can be found:
QAF Screen Grabs
Screen Cap Gallery
This community features material of an adult nature from the Showtime cable show Queer as Folk, NO ONE UNDER 18 is permitted. If you're under 18, please go away because if I find you here, I will ban you. If you're a parent wondering why your under 18 child has been here, it's because you're not actively parenting.
Thank you to noteverything for providing the awesome asylum name!
Thank you to happier_bunny for handing the reins over to me, brianslave68!
Current header made by brianslave68. We'll be changing this in the near future.
This asylum was formerly run by happier_bunny and noteverything. Winners of the old contest format can be found here:
HALL OF FAME
|Interests:||15: ben, brian, brian/justin, challenges, debbie, emmett, graphics, gus, icons, justin, lindsay, melanie, michael, queer as folk, ted|
|Maintainers:||3: brianslave68, happier_bunny, |
|Watched by:||50: ahaw9913, altsunthinkable, aramina, begok, bluecat731, brianslave68, bridgetmkennitt, brokeaholic, circadia, court1429, crazybeutuiful, dazeyhaze, elyy10, etextraordinary, faile02, fancypantsdylan, flamencanyc, florida_minxie, fun_demented, furriboots, galeandrandy, happier_bunny, jameserin, kari77, kata_ny, maerchen_mond, marilla_pm67, maybe742, michira_70, my2cats, not_yet_defined, notreallyme10, ohfreckle, opal11, outlander, pendulumchanges, pfodge, qafmaniac, rainbow1907, rosy5000, secretsolitaire, selenebj, sra_black, testdog65, txrabbit, vamphile, virit, wavingcat5, xie_xie_xie, zaipixie|
|Account type:||Free Patient|