So I've got two things before we start playing: 1) I'm SUPER EXCITED about the game start, but I should warn you that I'm going to be moving on Tuesday, so my life is going to be in flux a bit and I might not be around a whole lot. I'll do my best to tag at least once a day, but there might be a few days I miss. Sorry about that.
2) The plotting thread is fantastic, but because everyone is throwing ideas around in comments, I figured it'd be helpful to have a nice bulleted list of the stuff we've come up with so far (and maybe we can cast an up or down vote on it, so we all know we're on the same page?) Here's what's been talked about so far:
NOTE: This list has been updated. Last update was at 6:20 PM EST
- Was developed by Bass Industries, but got out early and was dealt as a street-level drug - It was originally spread through the drug but is now spread by direct contact of bodily fluids with a zombie, so a zombie bite, or if zombie blood gets into an open wound, etc. - If you contract the virus, the infected will become sick within 48 hours and then will start becoming a zombie - A vaccine does exist, which would then make them immune to the virus (and, presumably, eradicate the virus once someone is infected, thus saving them from zombie!death) - The vaccine is at Bass Industries, and there is a limited supply of it
- She's alive and well and still sending out blasts, but she's slowly descending into madness - When the internet fails, she'll be sending her blasts via the same walkie-talkie channel the kids end up using - Once we all agree that a blast should be sent out, anyone can volunteer to write it with the NPC journal (which still exists, right?) uesider (password xoxo)
- Jenna and I both thing that a real-time game is going to be a lot to keep up with, so I suggest we slow time a little - I think maybe 1 week irl = 1 day in game might work? It seems really slow, but it'll give us time to finish threads, and I think in this situation, every day counts
Random Plot Points
- Trying to find Gossip Girl - Discovering Bass Industries involvement - Discovering the vaccine exists (possibly there could be an email Chuck gets that he needs to decode?) - Someone getting bitten, jumpstarting the need to get the vaccine fast (Um, Kate, I think Caitlin and I kind of inadvertently volunteered Blair for this, since she has some connection to everyone, but we can figure that out later >>) - Zombies vs. lacrosse sticks and/or scarves! - Gossip Girl giving them intermittently false information - The kids gaining immunity from the vaccine and then being hunted down by the government - Agnes might want to sacrifice someone (possibly Serena?) to the initial zombie horde!
- Caitlin and I were talking about the initial setup for the zombie attack, and personally I like the idea that Dan stumbles across a zombie and then runs to tell everyone (and of course no one, except maybe Serena and/or Jenny) believes him. Until the zombies get there. - Also, I think it would be fun to have a GG blast go off RIGHT before Dan gets there (possibly including some vague reference to the drug and its effects, and also outing the Lily/Bart wedding) so there's already some level of chaos. - Also, regarding setting for the first thread - the school might be the best place to throw the party, since we want them to be in the school anyway. Are we cool with this? - Assuming we're all okay with the school as a setting, what do we think of having only two obvious exits to escape out of, so people have to bunch together in pairings? This could make the thread a little easier to manage, and also has the potential to pair some people up in an unlikely way as they escape.
Okay, that's all I've got for now, but I can update this as necessary. What does everyone think of this setup? Satisfactory?