One Hundred Quills
|Theme:||A Harry Potter fic writing community with four prompt tables of one hundred and four of fifty.|
|About:||This is the mirror of 100quills community at LiveJournal.|
Are you an ambitious writer who wants to take your fanfiction to the next level? Have you often stared forlornly at the claims table of fanfic100, wishing your OTP hadn't yet been claimed? Are you interested in pushing your writing ability, but not yet ready to take on a full 100 fics? Are you looking for a low-pressure but challenging way to further explore your writing?
Welcome to 100quills, a Harry Potter fanfiction community. This community employs the same general format as fanfic100, but offers a wider variety of options and increased availability of slots. Here at 100quills, we offer eight different prompt tables, four of one hundred and four of fifty, each of which can have one person writing each character/pairing/etc. (CPE) at a time.
Current claims: 100 prompts tables, 50 prompts tables
Make your claim: 100 prompts tables, 50 prompts tables (please read the instruction below before doing so!)
Drop your claim: 100 prompts tables, 50 prompts tables
1. Read through the posting rules and complete FAQ below.
2. Go to this post and look through the tables. Select the one whose prompts you would most enjoy writing, and choose a CPE you'd most like to write.
3. Go to this post for the 100 prompts tables or to this post for the 50 prompts tables and look through the tables of claims already made to make sure your claim has not already been taken. If it has, either adjust your claim to something that has not been taken (either by changing prompt table or CPE) or decide to be waitlisted for your initial claim. Comment to the same post that contains the directory with your claim.
4. I will return your comment when I get to it (usually within the week, often within the day), either with an acceptance (most likely) or a rejection (if your claim has already been taken/you didn't follow the rules set out in the FAQ). If I accept your request, I will give you a tag. You MUST use this tag for all posts in the community; it is utterly imperative. Assuming acceptance, you also may want to go to this post and pick up the coding for whatever prompt set it is that you are doing. If you put the table on your personal journal and comment with a link to it, I will add said link to the table of claims so that people can easily find your fic.
5. Start writing! Post your fics here when you're done, using your assigned tag, as well as anywhere else you want.
6a. When you're finished, comment to this post and our banner-maker pinkelephant42 will make you a banner!
6b. If you wish to drop your claim, you can do so at the claiming post.
7. After this, your claim is free to be claimed by someone else.
All posts made to 100quills must be fics written about your claim. If you wish to post something else to this community, please contact the mods for permission.
YOU MUST USE YOUR ASSIGNED TAG FOR EVERY POST YOU MAKE TO THIS COMMUNITY. This is utterly imperative.
Use either a link or an LJ cut for all fanfic. To find out how to use an LJ cut, go to the LJ FAQ. To make a link, use the following HTML: <a href="URL">text of link</a>.
When posting, use the following format:
Subject Line: username: Fic Title (CPE, rating)
Prompt Set: (e.g. 100.4)
Warnings: (at your discretion)
Warnings may also be placed in an LJ-cut after the story, as many readers prefer not to see them.
Is there a word limit for stories?
Stories must be at least 100 words long. Beyond that, there are no limits.
Can I cross-post the stories I write for this?
By all means! They're your stories.
Can I use stories I've already written for this?
No, the idea is to write 100 (or 50) new fanfics. If you start writing after you've made your claim but before it's been accepted, that's fine.
Do I have to post by any deadline?
No, this is all very low-pressure. However, if we haven't heard a thing from you in over three months and there's someone else who wants to claim the same CPE for the same prompt set, your claim will be removed to let others in (unless you've explained your absence and we've accepted your reasons).
Is there anything else that can make me lose my claim?
Yes. If your account is deleted and someone wishes to claim your CPE, you're claim will be handed over to them immediately, regardless of the last time you posted new fics (unless you've explained your deleted account and told you'll be back). Flaming, trolling etc. can also lead to having your claim removed in some cases. Forgetting to use your tag or other minor rule-breaking won't :)
Can I have more than one claim at a time?
If you think you can handle it, go ahead.
May I claim OCs?
OCs are fine in fics themselves, but you may not make the claim of an OC or a character/OC.
May I write a crossover pairing or fic?
No, no crossovers.
If I claim a character, do all my fics have to center around that character? If I claim a pairing, do all my fics have to involve that pairing?
The character you claim must have a considerable role in every fic you write. S/he needn't make an actual appearance, but s/he should be mentioned in more than just passing. If you claim a pairing, not every (or, indeed, any) fic must contain actual romance between the two characters, but every fic must have at least one character in a main role and the other noticeable. Again, the characters do not need to be present in the flesh.
What can I claim besides a character or a pairing?
You may claim a group of people, such as the Blacks or the Marauders or the Gryffindors, but it must be a group that makes sense and is not too broad. For example, "female characters" is too broad and "people whom Draco Malfoy has derided in canon" is not a logical group, as it has no other ties.
Unlike in fanfic100, you may NOT claim "general series". This is because this community is limited to Harry Potter, and we would rather you go for more specific claims.
If you have any other questions about what is or is not allowed as a claim, comment to any post tagged "administration" and we'll get back to you. There are probably other things that we'll accept that I simply can't think of because you're more creative than I am.
If I claim a character, may I write pairings involving that character?
You may indeed. However, you may not claim a character and write all your fics of the same pairing that involves that character.
What ratings are allowed?
All ratings are allowed here, as long as they are clearly labeled. We would prefer you use the ratings G - NC-17, but this is not mandatory if you prefer a different rating system.
May I do a joint claim with a friend?
No. The idea is to write all the stories yourself. Collaboration is a lovely thing, but this is not the place for it.
Do I need to post fics in any order/at any specific time?
No. You may write and post them in whatever order and at whatever frequency you please. Just remember that your claim will be deleted if we do not hear from you in over three months and there's someone else wanting your claim.
Can I write a chapter per claim rather than a standalone fic per claim?
Can I write more than one prompt in one fic?
No, the idea is to write one hundred fics. Chapters count as they are self-contained bodies, but a fic that utilizes multiple prompts is still a single piece of writing. If you can write a fic in multiple (separate) parts, each of them utilizing one specific prompt, that's fine.
How central does the prompt need to be to the fic?
Someone who's looking for it ought to be able to see how the prompt relates to the fic. However, you needn't use the word specifically—the idea is more to use the prompt as a jumping off point or a theme. Of course, you may also use the prompt in a more outright manner. Use your own judgment; you'll be fine.
May I write RPF?
No, not in this community.
Are AUs allowed?
Yes, they are.
What is the waitlist?
If you wish to claim a CPE for a specific prompt table but it has already been claimed by someone else, you can be put on the waitlist. You'll be on the waitlist until the previous claim is either completed or abandonded. After this, your claim will be accepted and the mods will inform you that you can start writing.
I want to read fics at 100quills but there are so many of them! What's the easiest way to browse them?
All the fics have been tagged. You can see our tag list and that way find fics written about specific CPE or by a specific author. Or you can see our claim post for current claims with links to tags and prompt tables. In community memories, there're links to tables of completed claims.
What if I have a question that isn't here?
Comment to any post tagged "administration" and I'll get right back to you.
This community is designed along the same lines as narnia100, which a_kindara also runs.
• 30for3: A multifandom community where you write/draw for threesomes with prompts.
• 30straightdays: A multifandom community where you write about thirty days in one characters life in order.
• everyfiveyears: A multifandom community where you write an entry about your claimed character's life every five years.
• fairytale_redux: A multifandom community where you recreate the stories of Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm for the fandom of your choosing with art or fic.
• hp_prompts: A HP writing community that posts weekly prompts.
• multificathon: A 'fic-a-thon' is where you sign up for a fandom and a prompt and create a fanfic by the specific date that you sign up for as your deadline.
• story_arc: A multifandom challenge community where you write/draw story arcs, or a multi-chaptered fic/picture series with prompts.
If you'd like to affiliate, comment to this post.
Many thanks to fanfic100 and 7spells, as well as many other communities, for giving me the ideas for this!
The community banner and icon by the lovely acidpop25.
|Interests:||26: bill/neville, blaise/hermione, blaise/neville, challenges, cho/hermione, draco/hermione, fan fiction challenge, fanfic, fanfic challenge, fanfics, fanfiction, fanfiction challenge, femmeslash, hannah/neville, harry potter, harry potter fanfiction, hermione granger, het, lucius malfoy, luna lovegood, prompts, remus/severus, sinistra, slash, voldemort, writing|
|Watched by:||26: alafaye, angela_snape, anya_elizabeth, beautyfulevil, bellas_lament, callywaggy, dandru, dani_meows, firefly124, joanwilder, kaesa, laurapetri, lionille, masterseverus, maxinehouse, melfinatheblue, merlins_babe, onetobindthem, strwberrycake, surfmistress, tabakat, terrible_tues, unbroken_halo, venturous, writcraft, zephre|
|Account type:||Free Patient|