|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-05-27 13:52:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 52, Team Dragon Member, Mimiheart!
Your Name (lj and/or Penname): mimiheart
Archive link(s): all of my work is at Owl: http://owl.tauri.org/
& just my Snarry is at Walking the Plank http://www.walkingtheplank.org/archive/
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
I have a negative definition--not contradicting things said in the books (and possibly interviews.) So, if the books say that Draco is blond, making him brunet because you like brown hair is anti-canon. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it's not canon.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Probably. I think that it's more that the voices I hear in my head when they speak are more in line with fanon than with canon. I don't think there's a specific story or author--I read too much.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
I see both of them as extremely vulnerable. I like stories that explore that about them. And scars -- physical, mental, and emotional -- are fun to see.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Using it to make fires for cauldrons... and killing others.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
I have no idea. My stories tend to write themselves... and walk all over me in the process.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
No. Most of my mistakes are typos. I do get ellipsis-happy, but I catch myself with that.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
I would consider it, but no one's ever approached me. I have made some fan art for stories, though.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
I have no idea. I've always tried to write within established canon. I'm not too happy with established canon right now, though.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
I think there's a fic for every kink, right now. I'm always happy with more D/s with Harry as a sub, though.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I'm excited and nervous. I really want to do well and make my team proud.
Mod note: You can find Mimi's entry HERE. Thank you, mimiheart!