Happy Easter to all, no matter how you celebrate!
As a part of today's Feaster at friend CrowFly's place, I'm assembling a Pavlova
, my fave gluten-free dessert of all time, and I made a truly Awesome Sauce.
- 1 cup frozen wild Maine blueberries (Costco)
- .25 c sugar
- 1 T corn starch blended in
- .25 c cold water
stir this all in a microwave proof container (IMPORTANT) with twice as much room as contents
cook on high for 3-4 minutes, watching
when it bubbles, let it boil for 10-12 seconds then stir
I thinned mine with Pom-Blueberry juice and Voila! the sweet, sticky stuff to cement the strawberries to the meringue.
I promise photos of my creation, but it probably wont be pretty, since the meringue now resting in oven appears to have flopped in its own quirky assymetry.
In other news
- my household went thru convulsions of cleanup in prep for a re-appraisal this week. Dear landlord is a hoarder of a strange sort -- he keeps building materials and other people's stuff in mouldering piles in his basement and carport. During this uproar the refrigerator died. This was a good thing, since it was so vile and stinky. Now we have shiny new and cold! very helpful in a fridge. ^_^
- I am disappointed in my lack of weight loss but maybe not surprised; my flavor of eating disorder works something like this: if you forbid it, eventually I will binge, binge, binge. so there. fuck you.
- I have successfully banned sugary foods from the house by permitting any and all fresh fruit, and I have become the strawberry whore. I can hoover up a quart easy! hey, better than Cheetos, or M&Ms anyday.
- And, quite naturally I have quit drinking alcohol. I just dont like it anymore, not the taste or the effects. I miss the let-your-hair-down-with-friends ritual, but that's all. So that's good. I'm totally into sparkely water with Pom juice, pref. Pom-Cherry.
- I'm back in the Community Garden, and it was really nice to be invited back! So far, peas, beets, herbs and onions are in the ground. What's to come: chard, asian greens, arugula, peppers, beans, sun gold tomatoes, and flowers are on the list. Any requests?
- We have baby lambs in the 'hood!
Spring blossom & New Lamb Love to all,