Are you tired of the smell of roses? Is the smell of chocolate enough to make you gag? Do you feel nauseated by the sickly sweet declarations of love and lurid heart-shaped balloons? Then Severus Sighs has the antidote.
To counter the excess of fluff that will no-doubt drench the next few weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day, the Webmistresses would like to announce the Severus Sighs Anti-Valentine’s writing and drawing mini-fest.
If you long for a bit of throw-him-onto-the-bed action, old-fashioned slap-his-thigh masculinity; a smidgen of angst and heartbreak, or just plain things going not as planned, then test your inner Slytherin by joining in.
The rules are very simple:
1. Please pick a prompt from those issued below for your fic or art. The prompt does not have to be ineserted verbatim, but should be used as a theme. 'Anti-Valentine's' can be interpreted as dark, farcical, or even a love story with a very unromantic theme.
2. All members are asked to notify the Webmistress of their intention to participate by replying to this post by 9th February so that a posting schedule may be arranged.
3. For the writers, your word count should be a minimum of 500 words.
4. All works should use this header:
5. Writers are encouraged to use a beta. For those who have not written before or require assistance, help will be provided by the Webmistresses or by the kind site elves. Just whistle and they come stumbling.
6. Participants should submit their work to the Webmistresses (Severus [dot] sighs [at] gmail [dot] com) by 11th February, for posting during the week of February 14th.
7. Please only repost your fic or art after the end of the fest.
8. Multiple submissions are welcome, but please let the Webmistresses know if several bunnies are hopping around the cabbage garden of your mind.
1. Severus' lover demands a romantic gesture, so he decides on one that will ensure he is never asked to do so again.
2. Because nothing says 'Happy Valentine's Day' better than Minerva 'pussy-cat' McGonagall trying to set you up with every unattached member of staff, including non-humans and ghosts, in a crisis of guilty conscience and self-recrimination. (Or she's just drunk.)
3. Every time Severus kisses someone, they end up dead.
4. Severus was nothing to look at, he had no charm or natural confidence to smooth his rough edges, so why was this happening?
5. Severus took a deep breath and closed his eyes, his heart breaking.
6. Severus considered his Valentine's gift a work of art. It was a pity he was alone in this.
7. Cupid has been kidnapped while on an annual visit to the United Kingdom. In point of fact, he was last seen entering the Hogwarts Potions Laboratory. Just what is going on?
8. Because nothing says 'Happy Valentine's Day' better than a bloody Malfoy smirking on your doorstep.
9. He took the glass phial of memories and smashed them on the stone.
10. Severus or (person of your choice) is tired of always being put down and will use a potion to get their man.
If you are unsure what is meant by ‘Anti-Valentine’s Day’, the following drabble should give you an idea:
Harry paced the room, nervous and beginning to regret the decorating he'd done for the holiday. It wasn't as though Severus hadn't made his feelings on Valentine's Day perfectly clear, even before they'd begun a relationship. He fretted, and adjusted the decoration, deciding finally to remove it as the door opened.
Caught now, he straightened up, put on his most seductive leer—the one Severus had once confused for nausea—and spread his bare legs. Severus' decorated gift stood proudly from a nest of curls.
"Is that a bow on your cock?" Severus asked from the doorway.
"Um," Harry said, no longer so confident, and his wilted cock showed it. "Yes?"
"Er, well...Happy Valentine's Day?"
Severus lifted an eyebrow and drummed his fingers against his crossed arms. Harry began to feel ridiculous.
Well. More ridiculous.
And still very horny. "Right, I'll just remove it then."
"Indeed," Severus said, then looked approvingly at Harry's now bow-less cock. "Now here's something I can celebrate every day."
Harry grinned and leered again.
"Are you feeling nauseous?"
Harry huffed and let his cock do the talking.
We do hope this mini-fest will attract hearty and light-hearted support, and encourage everyone – from regular posters and known contributors to lurkers – to join in the fun.
Please feel free to use the very pretty banner, courtesy of veridari, to pimp the fest on your journals. *pets it*