( non_fun_things_first )
Good things though!
1. After an insane run around with the state's insurance market place, I have insurance! Medicaid, in fact. I qualify for Medicaid D which is the no-cost one, but it took a year to get the damn thing. I applied back in March online after bypassing the market place website--which is apparently only for buying insurance, I think, not sure--and got busy so I didn't get back to them when I heard nothing and then my sisters got sent the market place paperwork application thing and got sent back a notice they didn't qualify for something something something so I printed out the form for the DSS insurance thing and hey, now I have insurance. Even have a card. Youngest sister's insurance was renewed as she filled out the same thing I did when she got the denial for something something something. Middle sister, though...we're not sure. She reapplied using the market place website and has heard nothing back. So. But I have insurance! I'm mostly looking forward to having my teeth finally fixed and getting a new prescription for my eyeglasses.
2. I will have spending money for the con! I'm excited. Not much, parking is more than I thought it would be, but that's life.
3. Best friend is employed! That's happiness.
4. I don't know if I said, but my mum got me Cap 2 for my birthday. (She got it when it came out and sent it to me early, before we had our argument.) I don't know how often I've watched it since I got it a few weeks ago, but I love it more each time.
5. Birthday in a few days!! Went out today to get the celebration rolling early...
I almost called out yesterday, but didn't so I enjoyed going out today guilt free. I had a coupon for my birthday to Build a Bear and I decided twas high time to get the bearvengers their little bears, but I noticed they had boxers, too. The website listed red ones and I wanted those for bear-Tony, but the store didn't have them in stock. I find, though, that the white ones suit him. Also the store didn't have in stock a small bunny for Tony, but the retriever looks like Pepper, I think. And Steve's little dog has this lost look that I feel suits poor Bucky, being his memories are mostly AWOL at present in movie verse.
And I struck a deal with youngest sister--whose birthday is 2 weeks after mine--and best friend--whose birthday is on Saturday--so they both have bears now. You'll see them next to Tony in the photo there. On the left is Bucky, youngest sister's, and on the right is Bear, best friend's. I got them the bears now for their birthday and we'll get the bears clothes for Christmas. Square deal.
We started the day with lunch at Red Robin--I got a gift card for there last year from my grandma. Youngest sister and I split a burger and fries and best friend got a guacamole burger. The waitress was awesome--she got my sister another thing of chili when she dropped it on accident. And the kitchen was brilliant as they cut the burger up for us and put each half on a plate.
And we stopped at Michael's--I had a coupon for 40% off an item and I thought since the bear vengers had three outfits now (I got the boxers as sleep clothes rather than something to put under the pants) they could probably use a small box to store the clothes in. I have yet to decide what to paint it. Red and gold? Star Spangled Blue? A combination? Choices, choices.