|xie_xie_xie (xie_xie_xie) wrote in qaf_drabbles,|
@ 2009-11-25 08:23:00
|Entry tags:||gusmas 2009, incentives & prizes, themes & ideas & challenges|
The 37 Days of Gusmas: A Queer as Folk Holiday Drabble Celebration!
The 37 Days of Gusmas
A Queer as Folk Holiday Drabble Celebration
In honor of the Solstikwanzanukkamas (Gusmas for short) Season, qaf_drabbles is having a party!
We're posting a prompt for every day from Thanksgiving Day to New Year's Day... 37 prompts in all. Some of the prompts are the holidays themselves, some are images, and some are words.
Here's how it works:
1. All the prompts are included at the end of this post -- there is no wait before you can start start writing or posting. :)
2. You can choose to be inspired by a prompt in any way, and you don't need to include the word in the drabble -- but there does need to be a connection between the prompt and your work.
3. You can post a drabble for a prompt anytime -- you're not tied to the date of the prompt. And yes, that means you can post a New Year's Eve drabble on Thanksgiving and vice versa, or post drabbles for all 37 prompts in one day. Ask anyone -- we're easy!
4. You can post any number of drabbles for any number of prompts (including one!), and you can also post multi-drabble stories of any length. You can let a single prompt inspire the whole story, or use multiple prompts for one story.
5. Drabbles must be about the characters from Queer as Folk. All canonical pairings, friendship, gang, and ensemble fics are fine. AUs are fine. Humor, satire and crack are fine. Crossovers are fine. No MPREG, no Michael/Brian, no RPS/RPF. Must warn for major character death and put behind a cut.
6. If you have more than one drabble, please use a cut.
7. For each drabble, include the following:
8. Tag each post with the "Gusmas" tag. Any untagged post may not be counted for purposes of awarding prizes, although we'll do our best to tag any that get missed. But please, if you don't know how to tag, ask, and if you forget, please go back and add the tag.
9.There are no condoms awarded for this celebration.
AND THERE ARE PRIZES!
Prizes include: QAF mugs o' love, gift cards for Amazon, Netflix, and other retailers, DVDs, and many many other wonderful things.
1. Anyone who posts at least one drabble for each prompt will win a prize. You can post the 37 drabbles any time before or on New Year's Day up until midnight Eastern (New York) time.
2. The person who posts the most total number of drabbles gets a special prize. (Every drabble in a multi-drabble series counts.)
3. Anyone who actually posts one or more drabbles for each prompt on the date of the prompt itself -- in other words, one drabble or more per prompt per day of the celebration -- will get a super wonderful big prize.
4. The biggest prize of all will go to anyone who manages to post a 37-part series of drabbles that forms a coherent story using each prompt in order.
5. And finally, I'll donate $1 for every drabble written for this celebration to the Ali Forney Center for Homeless LGBT youth, up to $200. So start writing -- queer kids need us!
That's it! Ask your questions below, and have fun!