Primeval RP Information and Out Of Character
|Name:||Primeval RP Information|
|Theme:||Information Journal for Primeval RP|
Anomalies in time are appearing, doorways to worlds that existed millions of years ago, the most significant scientific discovery this side of the flame. Since the discovery of the first anomaly in the Forest of Dean, a team of experts and professionals has been established by the Government with the aim of studying the anomalies in order to protect the public from the possible harmful consequences of these ruptures in time.
Since the forming of the Anomaly Research Centre, the team has gone through several staff, with the entire original team being either deceased of Missing in Action. Following a mission to contain the insane Helen Cutter, Connor Temple, the ARC's main computer programmer, and Abby Maitland, resident animal specialist, were lost somewhere in the distant past, with Danny Quinn, an ex-police officer who was in charge of the team also missing. Since their disappearance a year ago new recruits Matt Anderson and Jess Parker as team leader and technical control respectively have joined the team. Keeping control of the paperwork is James Lester a government official who rules over all the activity of the project, and Head of Security Captain Becker remains a steady force on the team.
The game will take place at the start of series four; Connor and Abby are making their way home whilst the new team is continuing to battle onwards and keep the streets of the UK safe from time travelling beasts. Professor Cutter's investigations into the causes of the anomalies has been abandoned and the ARC has received several upgrades in the form of physical changes as well as increased funding. For now, the team is taking each anomaly as it comes, saving the world before bedtime almost every day!
The main point of this game is to have fun, so there are very few rules relating to how the game should be played. Most of them are standard roleplay rules, and are relatively easy to stick to, so there should be no need to stray from them.
1. Please make all posts in prose format with as correct spelling and grammar as you can. I'm not going to go mad at anyone who makes a few spelling mistakes, but a little bit of effort into how you write your post is all I ask.
2. Anything out of character should not be posted in the game community. If you have any questions or queries post them in the information community.
3. Please aim for a minimum of three paragraphs per post. This isn't a strict rule, there will be times when the situation renders you unable to write this much every time, but every post needs to have a point and this can't be achieved in a few lines.
4. Captain Becker is very hot!
5. Do not powerplay or god mod, or whater other name there is for it. This means you control your character and your character only. There are times where character interaction will result in a little bit of this, but you cannot take control of another character in your own post.
6. Swearing and explicit content are totally fine, but please make some sort of warning or state that you wish your play to venture down that path
7. For the moment I would like to keep the game to just canon characters. If interest in the game reaches a point where this is not enough, then I will consider allowing original characters, but this is a game for us to play with the real characters from the show, and let's face it, they're all we need!
The format for the game will be slightly regimented. To keep the game flowing like the show, having an episodical format, there will be an announcement to state where an anomaly will be opening and what creature may or may not emerge through. There will then be a time limit in which the story surrounding that particular anomaly event will need to be wrapped up in. I imagine this will be something like two weeks, depending on the level of play. In between anomaly alerts players are free to continue playing, however the characters will not be focused on dealing with an anomaly. I will make regular polls to establish what sort of creature people would like to appear over future games, so we can all take a bit of control in the game.
Any questions? Just ask!
This is the application form for applying. Make a new journal with the name of the character you desire or some form of that name as the username (if possible, I know this may not always be the case), and copy and paste this into a new entry in the information community and fill it in for the character you desire.
Name: Self explanatory
Age: Again, easy
Appearance: Nothing massively detailed here; a few lines will suffice
Role in the ARC: What does your character do
Personality: A few paragraphs are needed, just to let me know that you understand the character
Skills: A list of things that this character is exceptionally good at
Likes: A short list of things the character likes
Dislikes: A short list of things the character does not like
Sexual Orientation: Which sex is your character interested in
Did you read the rules? Who is very hot?:
Sample: A short sample of your writing style, minimum of five paragraphs
That's it! I will read and decide on applications as quick as I can, but please do not post as your character until you have been officially accepted. For now, the list of main characters that are free is as follows:
James Lester (On hold)
Taken characters are:
If you have a desire to play as any of the other minor characters then just send me a message, I may have missed some people off this.
This is the bulk of the boring stuff, so if you are interested please join and feel free to ask any questions about the game. Also, spread the word to other fans too!
|Interests:||19: abby maitland, anomaly, arc, captain becker, connor temple, cretaceous, dinosaurs, dodo, giganotosaurus, james lester, jurassic, mammoth, matt anderson, primeval, pteranadon, raptor, rex, spinosaurus, triassic|
|Members:||3: abigailmaitland, |
|Watched by:||1: abigailmaitland|
|Account type:||Free Patient|