Fanficrants! Come for the rants...
Stay for the macros, porn, wank, and mod tags!
|Website:||Every saga has a beginning...|
|About:||Welcome to Fanficrants @ Insane Journal, Spin-off of the infamous and oft-wanked FanFicRants @ LiveJournal, home of the much-loved Moderator Tags. |
Most of this userinfo has been borrowed heavily from the LJFFR comm, with permission from the other mods there.
The moderators expect all members who join the community have read the rules. IGNORANCE IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE.
The following rules are basically minimum standards of how we expect members to behave. It is not an end all and be all list, and the moderators reserve the right to make proper addendums and changes, as well as rule additions, whenever necessary. It must be noted that just because we may not specifically state a rule, you may be asked not to do something because it's just not cool. We will attempt to cover most of the rules here, but we're only human and there's always an asshat somewhere who can cause a stir with something we'd think is common sense, but apparently isn't.
1. If your post is long, has pictures for demonstrations, or is not safe for work, we require you to use an lj-cut. Here is the FAQ on how to use an lj-cut, along with other specific tags that can make your journaling experience easier.
2. Community promotions are allowed, under two conditions. The community in question must be metafandom, not specific to any kind of fandom, and it must pertain to writing/art. Examples of this would be a 30_Kisses community or a Fandom-discussion community. For the time being, the moderators are permitting an exception -- you may promote any kind of fandom-related community, but only piggybacked on a real and valid rant. Don't write a short 2 liner BS rant and then promote a bunch of communities. If you make a real post and contribute to the comm, then you can promote other kind of fandom communities. This rule will change when IJ has grown more in size overall and more members are here.
3. Please do not make separate posts to reply to someone's post. Keep your comments to that post.
4. There is to be no posting links to bad fanfiction without an accompanying rant. In fact, moderators request that your post actually have some meat to it. If it's only a few lines long, (Or hardly even a sentence!) then please reconsider posting at all.
5. Do not post entire fanfics in the community for the purpose of mockery. You may post snippets, however.
6. Sock puppets are not allowed. In this instance, 'Sock Puppet' is being defined as 'A journal used solely for the purpose of trolling the community or being too cowardly to post ones opinions using their main journal'.
7. Don't disable, freeze, screen, or delete comments (including your own, unless you're just deleting and reposting to fix a minor error like broken code). Don't delete your own posts or edit them to remove the original text. If you believe something needs to be taken down, contact a moderator.
8. Do not try to whip up the community members into a frothing mob to sic on someone. fanficrants does not condone trolling other sites off the community. Violators will be banned if they are caught doing this. Posts pointing out links to other forums, communities, websites, etc and asking members to flame will be deleted and the violator banned. (I must also point out that doing so is likely to have the unintended effect of making people point and laugh at you.)
9. Do not go to the moderators personal journals and accost them there with a problem you're having on the community. You have contact information below, use it.
10. Rule number 10 is secret. You will be banned for breaking it.
OH NOES I HAVE AN ISSUE! How do I contact the moderators?
Very easily, simply go to this post and leave a comment for us to look at. All comments are screened.
To those who may be offended: We are allowed our opinions. So long as we keep them to our own little forum, don't get your panties in a knot.
Currently, there is only one moderator, emilie_burns, who is also a moderator on FFR@LJ. More will be added as the community grows in size and traffic, and more will be needed.
FANDOM WANKERS ARE ON THE PREMISES. WANK AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Asylums of Interest
rule34 - looking for rare/hard to find fic? You're sure it's out there but you just can't find it? Rule 34 says it exists. (Not just for porn, despite the name. Gen-type searches are more than welcome)
fandomdirectory - awesome database of various fandom and fandom-related RPG communities on InsaneJournal.
|Interests:||30: badfic, bert/ernie otp, beta damnit, buttsecks, drama, fandom, fandom_wank, fanfic, fanfiction, ffdotnet, forgetting the lube, harry potter pwnz all, het rants, kitty macros, mod tags, plagiarism, porn, ranting, slash rants, sockpuppets, speshul sues, that ain't lube rants, that doesn't go there, the pit of voles, trolls, unintentionally funny, wank, wanking, won't_somebody_think_of_the_sockpuppets?, wrong word usage syndrome|
|Members:||128: aaronlisa, absolutionbot, ajatshatru, akai_senshi, akk, alienor77310, allira_dream, alternateyou, amejisuto, angelusancti, animehime, |
|Watched by:||101: aaronlisa, absolutionbot, ajatshatru, akai_senshi, akk, alienor77310, allira_dream, alternateyou, amejisuto, angelusancti, animehime, ardwynna, ashu, asmaria, atalantapendrag, aurynluna, azurehart, beccastareyes, bellatonks, beren_writes, bie_devilled, blue_rose, bordo, caffeine_buzz, calliopes_pen, cedara, chichirinoda, chrome327, distantuniverse, divineweapon, emilie_burns, empererpenguin, fakia, featheredwolf, fizzyblogic, flame_king, flashfly, fujurpreux, gamera, ghoulsis, hallava, hibari, icedark_elf, jalendavi_lady, jaybee65, jchaos, kaesa, katarik, kelly_holden, kemis, ketsundere, kristalla, ladyofviolets, lequinni, lethlogica, lexin, linachu, liz_marcs, lordhellebore, lostangelssong, madargon, magik, mahoganyhandle, megpie71, mercurychaos, mlleelizabeth, mllesatine, mousebebe, mysteri, nimore, nycscribbler, only_gremo, onlysleeping, pfeffermuse, purgatory, pyrasaur, qem_chibati, randomsome1, rap541, ravynstoneabbey, reijamira, ririka, rydia_of_mist, scratchingpost1, secondsilk, shinnite, snipervalentine, stasha2g, tabbicat, teh_kittykat, tephra, tigresslilly, tommygirl, truly_tazi, tyraarane, uninvitedcat, vandesdelca, velvetwhip, vickyblueeyez, yaysunshine, zing_och|
|Account type:||Free Patient|