Not dead yet
I'll skip the knitting update, it will give me something to do later; hopefully not six months from now.
So, since last time I wrote:
- I went to Anthrocon and had a good time.
- I visited family, which involves driving 888 miles one way, seeing all the relatives, and driving 888 miles back.
- I received a very generous and very early Christmas present after I returned home; that will get another post.
- I honestly can't say where several weeks went.
- Some of them were spent going "will I or won't I" in regard to NaNo.
Yes, I did NaNoWriMo again.
It actually went very, very much better than last year.
I had to restart it. My first attempt would work better for an opening to a sequel, which I don't have a plot for, so that was a short road to nowhere.
I managed to get to about 35k on my second attempt before getting horrifically stuck. I flailed around for a few days and ended up writing out a time line of events in the two locations which helped a lot, largely by making me go "but why did they do this/did that happen".
Eventually I realized I had started at the wrong point in time again. So I jumped back and started writing another beginning, but this one should hook up at some point in the middle of the story to my second stab at the idea.
I still have a list of "why" to work out, but it's not the worst 50k I've ever written.