1. BE MATURE This is a serious game that may have graphic details. If there is something about the game you do not like, discuss it with a moderator. DO NOT go to another player and start up trouble because it will not be tolerated by anyone. If you want respect, be respectful.
2. UNRATED GAME This game allows players to put their characters in situations involving sex, excessive obscenities, and the use of alcohol or drugs. We are also SLASH friendly. DO NOT have your characters commit any of these acts just because they can or you will be asked to leave. We ask that if there will be any and all threads that involve any of these, please post a warning above an lj-cut. If there are any questions about appropriate situations for any of these, please contact a moderator.
Excessive obscenities = Largely repeated use of vulgar language, or the use of creative insults (For example: motherfucker)
3. NO GOD-MODDING Some people will probably find it irritating that you are acting their characters for them, so try not to do it. Terminators are strong but they are not invincible, and the humans definitely are not either. It may be difficult for you to know when they should get hit and when they should not but please try and figure out something. On either act, you will be warned twice when you get caught and removed from the game if it gets excessive.
4. OOC VS IC Please keep any and all information learned out of character from getting into character. It is not very fun when a character has no idea what is going on and then all of a sudden seems to know everything. DO NOT bring outside problems into the game either. It disrupts the game and causes so many problems.
5. ACTIVITY / HIATUS There will be activity checks at the end of every month. Each character that is played is required at least two links from either which they get from two different threads or one thread and an in-character journal entry; even two in-character journal entries are acceptable, but not excessively. If a character does not receive two links on the first activity check, the player will be given a warning on that character; if on the second activity check, after a warning, there are still no links then the character will be removed from play. If you want to bring back a character, you must wait 2 completed activity checks.
We know and understand how life can complicate play so all we are asking for is posting at least once a week. If you do not think you can do that, please make a formal hiatus post at the OOC community to let other players and the moderators know you will not be here. Players on hiatus are exempt from the activity checks so long as a notice is posted.
6. POSTING All game related posts will be made in the 3rd person, with at least a 3 sentence paragraph. One-liners will not be tolerated as they are not creative and do not help the other player(s) in the thread understand what is going on. There will be no real posting order so please be aware that others may want to post and allow them time to do so.
Please try to use spelling and grammar to the best of your ability; we understand that no one is perfect but there are good and bad ways to write things. It's very irritating when someone is trying to comment on your post and then has to try and figure out what you might have said. No internet or text message speak is allowed, unless your character in-game is using either of those forms of communication at the appropriate time.
Keep all threads under a cut and also post the following at the top of each thread:
Journals are not required in this game but if you want to use them, they should be used as a diary. Interaction between characters will be restricted to the game. Characters can involve their journals in play, by stating they are writing in it for example or they can be found by other players. A character that finds another character's journal will be able to access all the information posted; however, a character cannot find another's journal without permission from the other player. We are not restricting players from looking at character journals, as long as the information is kept OOC until the journal is found by their character in-game.
7. CHARACTERS There are four different types of characters: Terminators, resistance fighters, future civilians and past civilians. To start with, you are allowed 2 characters from any combination of those, including 2 from the same group. The current limit is 6 characters, but if the majority of players agree to wanting more, it can be negotiated. If you want a new character and you are under the limit, you have to complete 1 activity check for all of your current characters before you may apply. We reserve the right to ask for the removal of any number of characters at any time from players who disregard old characters for new ones.
1. Civilians characters are restricted to their perspective time periods, unless there is some sort of plot that says otherwise. It would save a lot of people confusion if it would remain this way so please respect that. 2. Future civilian characters that join the resistance have to move up the ranks, just like in the modern military. Please be realistic in choosing your character's rank in relation to the character's age. 3. No characters will have any ties to or contact with canon characters, except when those canons are brought into play. No Resistance fighters will be a part of Connor's team; they may know of him, but never know him personally. 4. Only Terminators modeled from Series 600, 800, and 900 are currently eledgible for play. See here for descriptions of each model. Know that specialized models in Series 800 and both 900 models will be limited. 5. Terminators from Series 1000 are in existence but they are NOT allowed to be applied for, nor will any of the models that follow. Spoiler warning: 6. Hybrid Terminators will not be accepted because it doesn't cooperate with canon ideas. As stated in the latest film, Marcus Wright was the only one created and he has given up his existence.
8. MARY SUE / GARY STU For the most part, the use of any Mary Sue / Gary Stu physical aspects will be denied. However, as humans have been known to change their hair color to something outrageous (such as blue or bright orange), they will be allowed as long as they are stated under the Abnormalities section as "dyed". If there is an irregular hair color without the use of the word "dyed" next to it, we will have to assume that it is meant that that is the natural shade of the character's hair and the character will be denied. This is equally allowable for Terminators as it may help them blend into society.
NOTE: Though we will accept them, the number of characters with dyed hair living in the 2029 timeline will be limited because it is not realistic to the world that character lives in.
9. SPACE & TIME The main focus area of gameplay is the area in and around Los Angeles, California; although, as it is a global situation, characters from other cities, states, countries and continents may be created. Characters cannot all of a sudden be in one place and then another the next day, so be consistent on how the character travels. If a character lives in Phoenix, Arizona and wants get to Los Angeles, California, then it will take a few days to do so, so mark the travels either on the main community or with a few posts in your journal but not all at once.
There will only be 10 characters from both sides (10 humans, 10 Terminators = 20 total) that will be able to go back in time. This number can change as soon as the population of the game varies and there are people wanting to bring their characters there. Be aware that once a character goes back in time that character can not go back to the future, and is stuck there for the rest of the game. Please contact a moderator if you want your character to be able to travel to the past so an event can be made to justify the transitions. It will be on a first come, first served basis.
For reference, the timeline will be based on real time using PST (Pacific Standard Time) because the main focus is in Los Angeles.
10. EVENTS Gameplay of theskynetwars will generally be based on the interactions of all the characters in-game. However, once in a while, the moderators may post a major plot that involves everyone; this is called an event. An event somehow, usually, deals with the war and can effect either side in good and bad ways.
If there are any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org