|mistojen (mistojen) wrote in rockthatmeme,
@ 2016-02-10 18:34:00
|the realistic college au meme
( stolen from bakerstreet on dreamwidth. )
|comment with your character's name and canon in the subject header. use rng or pick one of the options below for your au scenario.
|I. living conditions
01. my roommate’s boyfriend is staying over so can I please sleep on your floor?
02. all our friends are drunk.
03. we live in halls opposite one another and i keep seeing you change in the window please close your blinds.
04. you’re the RA and you’re trying to bust me for having hermit crabs.
05. you’re baking cookies in the communal kitchen at 3am and I’m angry but also really hungry.
06. clearly we’re both really uncomfortable at this party.
07. you peed on my car. you were drunk. I was in the car. there will be hell to pay.
08. my friend dragged me to this party and I just saw my ex quick make out with me.
09. sorry my roommate puked on your shoes.
10. my roommate borrowed your contraband hotpot and managed to set it on fire.
II. chance meeting
01. it’s pouring and my final paper is in my backpack so I guess we’re stuck under this tiny awning together. do you think they’d deliver pizza here.
02. waiting outside for pizza to be delivered but both of ours is super late.
03. I know I keep coming to this [cookie/coffee/etc.] shop and for some reason it’s always your shift but don’t you dare judge me I need this for my sanity.
04. I found your USB drive still in the computer (and potentially regret finding out what's on it).
05. you decked me in the head while you were playing frisbee golf.
06. your school mailbox is right next to mine.
07. what do you mean we’re under a tornado warning?
III. campus community
01. I’m really passionate about this cause and I will give you this flier if I have to shove it down your throat.
02. it’s 3 am and I’m still in the library studying for finals and I’m losing my grip on reality and I think I just saw a ghost.
03. we’re the only two people in this club. what is this club even for.
04. humans vs zombies, all bets are off, friendships mean nothing.
05. I thought I was the only one who liked the waffle station in the cafeteria.
06. we’re studying in the library and there are two people very obviously fucking in the stacks and we keep sharing embarrassed glances
07. what are you doing at this table at the career fair.
08. I saw you sneaking captain crunch and cutlery out of the dining hall.
09. my computer crashed and you’re the student worker at the IT center.
10. we’re both on athletic teams that aren’t as cool as the football team and they give us shit.
11. you’re part of the guerrilla theater club on campus and crashed my class for a performance
IV. credit hour woes
01. hey I have to [photograph/draw blood/film/insert major here] someone for class, will you be my guinea pig.
02. we’re the only people who ever talk in discussions it’s awful.
03. group project.
04. both of us turned up to the wrong room for this lecture and neither of us know where it's supposed to be.
05. we’re both donating blood in the blood donation van in the quad to get out of the same class.
06. wait, I actually have a competent lab partner?
07. waiting for office hours.
08. we started racing up the three flights of stairs to class for some reason and we can’t stop.
09. vicious battle over the only left handed desk in the room.
V. limited resources
01. you keep using my preferred shower stall in the floor bathrooms when I’m trying to get ready for class.
02. you keep parking in the space outside my student house you absolute asshole.
03. you're the only person in the room when i break the printer and i'm panicking (so don't be a dick about it please).
04. neither of us bought the expensive textbook but there is only one copy in the library and it can’t leave the building.
05. this awesome professor only has one TA slot and we’re rivals
06. you keep reserving the good study room in the corner of the library with the windows.
07. I’ve been sitting in this seat all semester why did you decide to sit in it today.
08. you’re REALLY GOOD at using the right search terms for the academic databases and I’m on a deadline.
09. we’re always at the fitness center at the same time and end up competing on the treadmill.
10. can I borrow a dryer sheet? I ran out and the ones in the vending machine give me a rash.