You'd been trapped in one place for a long time, but there was always the promise of getting home. Or maybe you already were home, but things went awry. Whatever the situation is, you're not home anymore and the likelihood of ever going back are slim to none. But on the upside, you're not alone. Maybe you arrived with someone else from your own world. Or maybe it's someone else who is a stranger in this new world and is feeling just as lost. Or heck, maybe it's time you met a native and made friends with them.
Either way, you're in a brand new world and it's time to find a way to live with that.
In this meme, your character is stranded in another world. Which world? It can be any world other than your character's own, from any fandom.
1. You can go to any other world you want! If you don't want to use something from another fandom, you can make up something like a fantasy world, something from a sci fi, or something just like the modern world. Or you can pick a canon neither of your characters belong to. 2. You can use your own setting for other people to get trapped in, allowing for some cross-canon fun. 3. There’s supposed to be no way back, but genius characters are welcome to try. 4. For an optional extra level of complexity, give consideration to your character’s appearance or to their abilities. Will they stand out in this new world? Will they have to hide what they can do? Or will they even be able to use their powers if the source of their powers is gone?
1. Day One - You’ve both just arrived on this world and by chance, you run into each other. Two heads are better than one. Now you just have to figure out what to do next.
2. One Week Later - You’ve been in this world a week. Things are starting to sink in. So is the idea of being stuck here. It’s time to start thinking about the long term.
3. One Month Later - Now that you’ve both been here awhile, you’ve learned the ins and outs of your new home. You’re making a living and getting by, but you still think of home.
4. Six Months Later - It may not be home, but you’ve learned to be comfortable. By now, your relationship has certainly evolved as well.
5. One Year Later - It’s been long enough that you sometimes wonder if you ever did live anywhere else. So what’s life for you like in this whole new world?
6. Other - Don’t be limited by the above. This could be two weeks later or twenty years later! Of course, you can always time skip once you’ve established what you want to do at one time period.