|phoenixfest (phoenixfest) wrote in phoenix_flies,|
@ 2008-03-08 17:02:00
One week left!
Please remember, your submissions are due on March 15th, one week from today! Please take a few minutes to read and follow these guidelines for posting your submissions.
Guidelines for Posting:
1. The community is now open for moderated posting from all members. (If you're not a member, please go ahead and join the community now.)
2. We'll be accepting submissions (fic and art) from now until the deadline. If it looks like you're going to need an extension, please contact us as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org) and be specific - tell us how long you think that you're going to need to finish. We want this to be a low-stress, fun-filled fest, but we'd also prefer to get everything posted within a reasonable time frame!
3. All submissions must be betaed, no exceptions! If you are looking for a beta, you can look here or at any of the beta-resource communities. If you're absolutely and completely beta-less, e-mail us and we'll try to find someone for you.
4. Once you are finished and ready to post, please follow these formatting guidelines!
-The title of your post should look like this: Title (Characters/Pairing, rating)
The True Story of How Harry Potter Defeated Voldemort (Padfoot, Scabbers and a squeaky toy, R)
The Way to a Woman's Heart (Luna Lovegood/Marietta Edgecombe, NC-17)
Making Dreams (Harry/Draco, PG-13)
-You must use an lj-cut after the header, no fake lj-cuts (i.e. fics must be posted to the community itself, not to your own journal) and no exceptions. If you don't know how to use an lj-cut, go here or e-mail us if you need more help.
-If you are posting art, it should contain the following header information:
-If you are posting art, please feel free to use a thumbnail (although if you prefer not to use one, that's absolutely fine too). Your art should be hosted off-site - please let us know if you don't have a place to upload your art, and we will make arrangements for you.
-If you are posting fic, it should contain the following header information:
-As a reminder, fics should be at least 500 words in length. Last round, we set a limit of 5000 as the maximum and didn't strictly enforce it. Fics that are longer than 5000 words are fine for this round, but this was never intended to be a fest where we'd all write the next great HP novel. It's meant to be low-stress, after all.
That said, there's really no reason why anyone's fic should require more than one post or be long enough to need hosting off-site (10,000 words or more). If you're finding that your fic is approaching that limit, please e-mail us so that we can discuss it.
5. Once everything is set, you may want to use the Preview function to make sure that your submission looks exactly the way that you want it to. (Alternatively, you can make a private post to your own journal to look it over.)
6. When you're completely satisfied with the way your submission appears, go ahead and post it to phoenix_flies. (Please do not post your work elsewhere until after our fest is over.)
7. After the deadline (March 15th), we'll start approving posts! Sit back and enjoy, and please remember to leave comments for the artists and authors that have worked hard on their submissions. They appreciate feedback just as much as you do!