Maybe it was that one in a million jolt of electricity. Maybe it was some alien piece of technology you really shouldn't have touched. Maybe someone strapped you into a machine, pulled a lever with some maniacal laughter, and did this to you on purpose. Or there's the classic going through a teleportation device and ending up the wrong way around on the other side.
Whether it's on purpose or by accident, your mind is suddenly not where it's supposed to be. And who's that walking around with your body?? Hopefully you can figure out how to get it back before they do any damage to it.
Your mind is effectively switched with the person/object you have ended up in. How will you react? How with the other one react when they find out they're you? If they're an alien, maybe they'll decide being human is a good thing and run off with your body. If they're a plant, they'll have to learn throwing water on themselves isn't the best way to drink, and so on. Meanwhile, you'll be trying to find a way to switch back. Communication may be problematic depending on what you've switched with. The mun who posts plays both parts, the character and the object/plant/alien they've switched with in their body.
- post with your character name and fandom in the subject line
- tag another person, either you or the poster picking from the list of options or using a random number generator like www.random.org
- have fun!
1. Each Other: The poster and commenter have switched bodies. Awkward? Probably. Time to work together and find a way to reverse this before anyone notices. You may have to coach the other person into how to be "you" properly. Hopefully they're not the type to go running off with another person's body.
2. Animal: Dog, cat, bird, fish, giraffe, pygmy marmoset...small green tree frog. This is now you and the animal is going to be surprised when they find out they're human. Maybe your friend can help fix this situation.
3. Inanimate object: Ever thought about what it would be like to be a toaster? Or a refrigerator? How about a side table? (maybe that's a little bit Blues Clues) But you get the picture. You're an object, you're inanimate, but you're completely aware of what's going on. Your body, however, either believes itself to be a toaster/refrig/sidetable/etc. or it's completely unresponsive till you find a way back. Fortunately for you, the other person commenting is able to understand you somehow.
4. Plant: Time to wax poetic about plants having feelings too because you are now one of them. A beautiful daisy, a prickly cactus, a creeping vine...the plant might have trouble adjusting to using your body though. Good thing that person over there is able to understand you, even if they think they might be going crazy talking to a plant.
5. Technology: This is more computer based than the inanimate object option. This takes in televisions, mobile phones, computers and computer networks, etc. Anything electronic in other words. While you're coping with being inside a machine, the machine is trying to adjust to being a human. Someone might start thinking you're a robot unless you find a way to fix this.
6. Alien: Now you're not only not human, you're not even from planet Earth. The alien may have done this on purpose or perhaps you found something you weren't supposed to touch and touched it before they could say no. Hopefully they can tell you how to fix it...that is if they want to. They might decide to start impersonating you instead to your friends.
7. Something Completely Different: There must be something I didn't think of. Take the story in a completely different direction.