|chinae (chinae) wrote in james_scorpius,|
@ 2007-09-10 16:50:00
|Entry tags:||20 random facts, chinae, fic|
Fic: 20 Random facts about James Potter
Title: 20 Random facts about James Potter
Fandom: Harry Potter, post DH
Summary: Originally this was supposed to have been 10 Random facts. I had posted the 1st of 4 james_scorpius prompt challenges and I decided that I needed something that gave me a bit more insight into the characters. Somewhere along the way, I got sidetracked and this became 20 Random facts.
Note: Could be read as a stand-alone, or part seen as part two to: 20 Random facts about Scorpius Malfoy
20 Random facts about James Potter
1. His mother wanted to name him Fred, his father Sirius. They settled on James.
2. When he was one, he climbed into the kitchen cupboards and hid there and was not found until the next morning.
3. His first sign of magic was when he momentarily made his invisible friend, Fred, real.
4. He once traded his little brother Albus for a dog. His mom made him give the dog back.
5. At four he discovers that he could talk to snakes, but the snakes never talked back.
6. Teddy was his favourite non-cousin and he hated the fact he had to share him with everyone else.
7. When he was six, he met Veelas who had come to visit his Aunt Fleur. He was not impressed.
8. He was eight when he found the Black Family Tapestry. He would sit there for hours and wonder who would name their kids after a star?
9. The Hat tried to put him in Slytherin. He threatened to get his uncle George to help him set it on fire unless it put him in Gryffindor.
10. He always knew he was different; it wasn't until third year that he realized how much.
11. When Albus befriended Scorpius Malfoy, he knew it wouldn't last. Who'd ever want to hang around with that stuck-up kid?
12. At home, he would practice telling his parents that he liked boys. His nana overheard him and knitted him an extra sweater.
13. Thinking that his parents would never understand, he was fourteen when he ran away from home. His father accio'd him back.
14. In fifth year, he was made Prefect. He gleefully made use of his father's Marauders' Map.
15. The first time he kissed Scorpius Malfoy was on a dare. The second time he kissed him was after watching him make out with Thomas Wood.
16. He broke up with Scorpius four times in his seventh year. The first time they broke up was over Albus, as was the second and third. The fourth time was over Rose. The fifth time he didn't count; he hadn't been jealous then, he had just been stupid.
17. He didn't make the Quidditch team until seventh year, as reserve seeker.
18. Meeting Draco Malfoy was the scariest thing he had ever done. Scarier than telling Scorpius he loved him.
19. No one was as surprised as James when he received ten O.W.L.s. He made his dad test the letter just in case it came from the Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes shop.
20. His dad once asked him, "Why Scorpius?" "Because he's a prat," was his answer.