|chinae (chinae) wrote in james_scorpius,|
@ 2007-09-10 12:14:00
|Entry tags:||20 random facts, chinae, fic|
Fic: 20 Random Facts - Scorpius Malfoy
Title: 20 Random facts about Scorpius Malfoy
Fandom: Harry Potter, post DH
Summary: Originally this was supposed to have been 10 Random facts. I had posted the 1st of 4 james_scorpius prompt challenges and I decided that I needed something that gave me a bit more insight into the characters. Somewhere along the way, I got sidetracked and this became 20 Random facts.
20 Random facts about Scorpius Malfoy
1. When he's two, his father takes him up on a broom and tells him, "One day, you'll play seeker."
2. At three, Scorpius befriends a young garden gnome who's caught digging up his grandmother's prized roses. He names it 'Pet', much to the bemusement of his father.
3. When he's four, he accompanies his mother to Diagon Alley. At Florean's ice cream shop he meets an awful little boy who sticks his tongue out at him. He later learns the boy's name, Jamie.
4. Scorpius only has one cousin. To the annoyance of his mother and house elf, his cousin Teddy teaches him how to cross his eyes and climb trees.
5. One night, before receiving his Hogwarts letter, he hears his parents talk about a you-know-who. He wonders what this you-know-who is and whether that's the boggart that's hiding in the wardrobe of his old nursery room.
6. "You're my son," are his father's parting words before Scorpius goes to board the Hogwarts Express. It is only years later that he understands what his father meant to say.
7. Hufflepuff, he owls his father. His father writes back, "At least it wasn't Gryffindork."
8. During a lesson with Professor Longbottom, Scorpius protests the unethical treatment of Gnomes. He is awarded ten house points for "standing up to his professor for what he thought was right."
9. In his second year he befriends Albus Potter. At the time, they were staying at the infirmary overnight after it was discovered that they were both allergic to Pepperup potion.
10. His favourite class is Care of Magical Creatures. His least favourite is Transfiguration. He cannot understand how someone could turn a pin into a beetle and back again, without any thought that it had killed a newly created magical creature.
11. When Scorpius is officially introduced to Albus's brother, James, they both take an instant dislike to each other. James thinks he is a stuck-up snob, Scorpius believes James is a glory hound.
12. In third year, he makes the Quidditch team. He ends up as Seeker. His father even brings Pet along to cheer Scorpius through his first Quidditch game.
13. In fourth year, he catches James Potter kissing a boy underneath the bleachers. He feels butterflies in his stomach every time he thinks about it. He spends the rest of the year wondering if there is something wrong with him.
14. In the summer of that year, his father and mother sit him down. They need to talk to him. Malfoys, he is told, usually only bear one child. He nods; he remembers his grandfather reading him his family history. It is only when his father starts to draw diagrams and his mother looks on bemusedly that he realizes there will be an addition to the family.
15. It takes him until the fall of fifth year to realize he likes boys. It takes him until the spring to do something about it.
16. James Potter was not the first boy he kissed. That honour belonged to Thomas Wood.
17. He broke up with James five times in his sixth year. After the fifth break-up, they get back together when Albus threatens to knock some sense into them both.
18. Inviting his boyfriend's family over for dinner was not the smartest thing he had ever done. The only reason his father did not hex James's dad was that he was holding one-year-old Gertrude Malfoy.
19. His most memorable moment at Hogwarts was not winning the Quidditch Cup; instead, it was when James called him "Prat" and kissed him in the Great Hall.
20. Albus once asked him, "Why James?" He didn't answer right away. He never really thought to ask himself why, it just was.