|yule_balls_mod (yule_balls_mod) wrote in hp_yule_balls,|
@ 2008-07-26 21:43:00
|Entry tags:||mod post, rules and info|
Community Rules and Info
About the Community
We are an anonymous holiday exchange community for Harry Potter slash fan fiction and fan art.
How to Join
Community membership is moderated. You must be 18 or older to join. Please make sure that you have your birthday or an age statement visible on your profile or your request will be denied.
* You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this exchange.
* All assignments will be made by the community moderators. This is an exchange; therefore by signing up you agree to contribute a work of fiction or art.
* All submitted fic and art must be rated R or higher.
* All fics must include a slash or femslash relationship. Het pairings are fine, on the side. Threesomes and orgies are also appropriate.
* The characters represented in the fics and artwork must be 16 or older. There are no exceptions to this rule. All headings must have disclaimers to this effect.
* The fics and art are not required to have a seasonal theme.
* All fics must be a minimum of 1000 words. There is no maximum.
* All fics must be beta read before submission.
* Submissions must be sent to email@example.com
* No revisions aside from small error corrections will be permitted after submission.
* Moderators reserve the right to return fics that do not meet standards for rating, length, quality or failure to meet the request of the recipient.
* All fics and art must remain anonymous until the end of the exchange when artist and writer identities are revealed. If you guess in advance -- because let's face it, sometimes it's obvious –- please refrain from saying so outright in comments. Let's keep them guessing.
* Do not cross-post your submission until after the reveal.
* Because this is the first year of this exchange, there is not yet a shit list. So we kindly ask that you not sign up if you have had problems in the past completing fest submissions. We are trusting you.
* Journals created within two months of the sign-up date will not be permitted to participate, nor will empty journals. This is to ensure that everyone who signs up for the fest is serious about participating and will complete their assignments. If you have had your journal for fewer than two months and would really like to participate, please contact the mods directly. We will look at all requests on a case-by-case basis. Please note that each sign-up is at the mod's discretion.
* Have fun.
August 1st: Sign-ups begin
August 15th: Sign-ups close
Assignments will be sent out within two weeks.
November 15th: Submissions are due
December 1st: Posting begins