Yule Balls - HP Yule Slash Exchange's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Sunday, November 30th, 2008
A few rules before we begin...
Hi, everyone! It's just about time to start posting gifts, and we're so excited. We've received so many wonderful pieces of art and fic and we can't wait to share them with everyone. Here's a look at how things will work:
1. We will be posting 4 gifts a day: two at midnight and two at noon (EST). If the posts don't go up at exactly 12:00, please don't panic; these are rough estimates. The first gift will be posted at 12:01 AM (EST) on December 1st, which is about 11 hours from now. This will continue until all gifts have been posted, probably through the 29th of December. (We will have a bettter estimate once we finalize all submissions.) Reveals will go up on January 2nd.
We will be posting the actual pieces to Insanejournal and then posting the links to the Livejournal comm, so you can watch either journal.
2. We will not be posting gifts in the order in which we received them - first of all because our memories aren't that good, and second because we'd like to mix it up and spread things out so that there's something for everyone every day. We ask that you do not contact us asking when your gift will be posted.
3. Please remember that this is an anonymous fest. You might be able to make some really good guesses about the identities of our artists and writers, but please refrain from naming them outright. Comments with overt speculations about the artist or writer's identity will be screened or deleted. Likewise, we expect that all artists and writers will endeavor to keep their own gifts a secret until the reveal. Do not post links to your piece when it is posted. Do not archive your fic or art on your own journal when it is posted. Please be discreet when discussing your submission with your flist, and please wait until after the reveal before posting your submission to other communities or to your own journal.
4. Please be courteous when commenting on a piece of fic or art. Rude comments and flames will be deleted, and the commentor will be banned from the community. If you notice any inappropriate comments, please contact the mods so that we can take care of it, and do not attempt to deal with the situation yourself.
5. Please leave a comment for the person who created your gift! Everyone put a lot of time and energy into their gifts, so a note of thanks is always appreciated.
6. In the interest of maintaining anonymity, do not reply to comments on your own submission until after the reveals. You may reply anonymously if you wish, but please be careful.
7. If you ever ever ever have any questions, problems, concerns, or if you just need to yell at us about something, please contact us at email@example.com. We promise we won't bite.
Also, several people still have not turned in their submissions and we are starting to get concerned. If you are one of those people and your extension deadline has passed, please contact us immediately or, better yet, get your piece finished and turn it in! Either way, don't make us chase you down. We love you all, but we just don't have the time.
That's about it! Fic and art coming your way in just a few hours...
Love, Midnight and Trubble
One quick question before we begin posting. Trubble and I have gone back and forth on this and can't decide how we'd like to handle comments. We will be posting all fic and art to Insanejournal, but posting links to the Livejournal comm. That said, we know that most of our members and watchers are watching us on Livejournal. We could disable comments on one of the two sites and funnel all comments into one post (which might be easier for the authors and artists tracking comments on their posts), or we could leave all comments open on both posts. We thought we'd let you decide which you'd prefer:
The poll is here
. If you don't have an LJ account, you can leave a comment to the post and let us know what you think.
Thank you to everyone who replied to our poll about comment disabling. We've decided that we're going to keep comments open on both posts -- the fic/art post on InsaneJournal and the link post on LiveJournal -- for convenience and to encourage everyone to leave feedback.
One thing that might be helpful to artists and writers is comment tracking, which means that you get notified every time someone replies to a post. Once your submission is posted, you can track comments to that post so that you don't have to keep checking the post for your feedback. To track comments, click on the thumbtack icon at the top of the post then click "save". You can do it on InsaneJournal and LiveJournal, but you have to have an account or it won't work.
Hope this helps. Sorry for spamming!
|Art: Sweet Holidays (Teddy/James II, NC-17) for Gryffindorj Artist: karasu_himeRecipient: gryffindorjTitle:
All Harry Potter characters herein are the property of J.K. Rowling and Bloomsbury/Scholastic. No copyright infringement is intended. All characters engaging in sexual activity are 16 years or older.Medium:
I went for a slightly edgier Teddy. I figure he'd have some of his mum's personality and being raised by Andromeda....I hope you enjoy it! Happy Holidays!!( Happy holidays, gryffindor_j! )Click here to comment on Livejournal.
|Fic: Blue Moon (Harry/Snape, NC-17) for potion_lady Author: centaury_squillRecipient: potion_ladyTitle:
Snape/Harry, former Snape/BillDisclaimer:
All Harry Potter characters herein are the property of J.K. Rowling and Bloomsbury/Scholastic. No copyright infringement is intended. All characters engaging in sexual activity are 16 years or older.Summary:
Ten years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry finds he needs Snape's help. But it comes at a price.Warnings:
bondage, rimming, AU in that Snape didn't dieWord Count:
Merry Yuletide, potion_lady
! I had your kinks firmly in mind while writing this story ;-) and I hope it shows. Many thanks to my beta.( Happy holidays, potion_lady! )Click here to comment on Livejournal.