|Freedomtown Mods (ftownmods) wrote in freedomtownmod,|
@ 2014-06-28 11:01:00
• All players must be at least eighteen years old.
• Don't be a prick. Simple as that. If you can't get along with others, you have no place in this game. OOC drama will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with something another player is doing, please try to talk it out with that player like mature adults. If that doesn't work out, then please come to one of the mods and we'll take care of it immediately.
• Godmodding is not allowed. The definition of godmodding is taking control of another player's character, and we take this very seriously here. Saying a character was somewhere, saying they said or did something, or even assuming a headcanon without getting the approval of that character's player is godmodding and will result in disciplinary action.
• There is a line between OOC and IC. Just because you as a player may know of some information OOC, you should not be using that information IC with your character. This includes journal strikeouts, private conversations, and threads. Please never assume something. If it isn't explicitly clear if your character would know certain information, reach out to the other player to confirm.
• There is no character limit. However, we do ask that you know when to limit yourself. Also, there is a five character per week limit in terms of applying. This just makes it easier when we update the taken list.
• We have a monthly activity check. All members must provide at least one form of activity when they check-in in the OOC post at the end of each month. If you have 50+ characters - we do ask for one piece for every 10 characters you have. Making sure to rotate the characters monthly. If the mods notice that you are posting the same few characters a majority of the time, we will poke you to remind you about your other characters.
- Where we only require one piece of activity every month to check-in, it is highly encouraged to interact a lot more than that, if you are able. If you go too many months doing the bare minimum, we will talk to you. If you continue to still do just the bare minimum, you will be removed from the game.
- In the case that someone is removed for this reason, it is highly likely that they will also be banned from reapplying. This is up to mod discretion. We want to keep the game active and fun.
• There will be only one canon and two AU versions of each character allowed. (Also please contact the person who is playing canon to let them know an AU is coming in. You are not asking for permission, just giving a heads up.) If all slots are full and you still want to play the character, come to the mods - It will be the mods' discretion if the character can come in or not.
• OCs are welcome and encouraged. Though, it is recommended that there are already canon characters from the fandom that you wish to bring an OC from. OCs from fandoms that do not already have canon characters will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
• We do allow characters from original concept games with a previous history that you would like to continue. Just make sure to contact the mods before applying and have a well-detailed bio included in the application.
• When applying, we ask for every character to have a contact post that at the very least includes basic information on your character, as well as OOC contact information. Don't assume that everyone knows who your characters are and if their characters might mesh well with yours without at least some information.
• Very powerful villains or truly evil characters are not allowed in the game. However, we do allow for the player to AU said characters to make them more grey than truly evil.
• As mods, we must look at the big picture and health of the game. For this reason, we reserve the right to deny any character that we feel maybe be too troublesome or will not work within the confines of the game. Additionally, we may request certain changes be made, or if a character in-game becomes problematic, they may also be removed.
- This also goes for players who present toxic behavior. Depending on the severity of what is done against other players, you may or may not be given a warning before being kicked out of the game permanently.
• We understand that, especially when dealing with multiple fandoms, all types of relationships exist. Because of this, we freely allow het, slash, femme, poly, incest, and the like... AS LONG AS IT FITS THE CHARACTER. Just try to be realistic. If you have questions or concerns about this rule, please contact the mods.
• Please use discretion when applying younger characters. Where we allow all ages, please be aware that most of the characters in the game are sixteen and older. Younger characters may be left to having NPCs as their friends, or look to be mature enough to interact with older characters.
• ALWAYS mark all logs with their proper warnings, esp. if it contains triggering content (such as non-consensual sex, incest, extreme violence, death, etc.), sexual content, etc.
• Also, we understand that people under the age of eighteen DO engage in sexual/illegal activity. For this reason, we're ok with it being mentioned, hinted at, or talked about, but ask that any actual occurrences of this be kept to private scenes or screened threads on personal journals. Do NOT post any sexual scenes involving minors in the comm.
• Real-life happens. We know this more than anyone. So if you need time off, or just aren't going to have any free time for a while, ask for a hiatus. It's totally alright. All we ask is that you give us dates. From when, until when. If the end of the hiatus is coming up and you need more time, TELL US. Because if we haven't heard from you within a week of the end of the hiatus period, the character(s) in question will be removed.
• Nothing kills a game like this faster than being cliquey. Yes, we know your character is going to naturally gravitate to characters from their own fandom. But interact with everyone. We need to all be one big happy family, and not form little groups like we're back in high school. Plus, sometimes weird or unorthodox pairings result in great fun!
• If you do not intend on actually posting and interacting with a variety of characters, maybe this game isn't for you. We encourage random posting and commenting here.
• If you miss an activity check without having previously cleared it with the mods, you and your characters will be automatically removed from the game. You will be able to reapply the next Sunday after the activity check is completed.
- If you miss a second activity check without having previously cleared it with the mods, you and your characters will be automatically removed from the game, and you will have to wait one full month before reapplying.
- If you miss a third activity check without having previously cleared it with the mods, you and your characters will be automatically removed from the game, and you will have to wait TWO full months before reapplying. This will increase by one month for each further offense.
- As of November 2021, it will no longer be acceptable to go on a hiatus as an excuse to forego the activity check. We give you more than enough time to get some form of simple activity in.
• Before applying to play a character, please check the Taken List to see if anyone is currently playing that character's child/parent/significant other. If they are, we ask that you get their blessing first, so as not to create an uncomfortable or unwanted roleplaying environment.
• When it comes to choosing a PB for OCs, animated characters, or in some cases, an AU, please look at the taken list to see if the PB you wish to use isn't already being used in that fandom. In addition, we have capped a few faces for OC/animated/AU uses. This means in the case of that face being used for a canon character, this is fine.
- Currently capped faces:
Millie Bobby Brown
Natalie Alyn Lind
- In addition, we will only allow faces of deceased persons for canon faces.
At any time a character with one of these faces is dropped, they will be freed up to be used again.