Share Your Leftover Files!
Don't let all your time uploading go to waste.
|Name:||Share Leftover Files from YSI, MegaUpload, etc.|
Inspired by LiveJournal's ysi_leftovers.
Ever wasted half a day uploading songs and albums for one person, and then find yourself feeling like you wasted your time? Ever have all these leftover YSI links, but no one to give them to?
Well, this community is for YOU.
This community is for people to post their leftover links. Don't let all your time uploading go to waste. Post the links that you no longer need and share the YSI love.
Share your leftover files from file transfers on one-click hosting websites like YouSendIt, MegaUpload, RapidShare, etc.
All file sizes, types, and media types are welcome, including:
All one-click hosting websites are welcome.
This is a members only community. You need to join before posting and viewing.
Here are some links to lists of file hosting websites:
UPLOAD PLACES (Not always accurate)
(if you have another to suggest, do tell!)
- www.megashares.com (1.5GB, 25 days with no downloads, now requires download manager to resume downloads larger than 300MB)
- www.badongo.net (1GB per file, files don't expire, splits large files automatically, so to combine them you have to download the merger file which is available for Windows PC, Mac and Linux)
- www.transferbigfiles.com (1 GB, 5 days or 20 downloads)
- www.filefront.com (Sign up to upload, 1 GB per file, strict about copyright violations)
- www.yousendit.com (1GB, 7 days or 100 downloads if you're registered, otherwise 25 downloads over 7 days)
- www.up-file.com (1 GB upload, files appear as deleted randomly, even when they're not)
- www.mooload.com (500 MB, 30 days with no downloads)
- www.uploadready.com (500 MB, 30 days with no downloads)
- www.filefactory.com (300MB, 7 days with no downloads)
- www.spread-it.com (500 MB, unlimited downloads for 14 days)
- www.zupload.com (500 MB per file, 30 days with no downloads)
- www.sendspace.com (300 MB upload per day, 7 days with no downloads, further limits daily bandwidth per file and for countries outside the US)
- www.megaupload.com (250MB, 21 days with no downloads)
- www.ezshare.de (100MB, 30 days with no downloads)
More complete list in journal
1. Be nice. A nice community is a happy community.
2. This is not a requesting community. There are plenty of places you can go to ask for a certain song or album, just look at our affiliates. This is JUST for leftovers, no requests or posting of CD collections (i.e. playlists). If you post leftovers with a request in it, no matter how many leftovers you have, I'm deleting it and you WILL be banned.
3. Advertising for other communities is allowed ONLY if you ask us first. We're not scary, really.
4. Every entry MUST be Friends-Only. Not Ninjas-Only, not Pirates-Only but Friends-Only. Don't try to be a wise ass and go back and edit your entry to make it public. We will find out since we're amazing like that.
5. You can only post links to things that YOU have uploaded, do not take someone elses links and post them here, stealing is not nice. The YSI police will be after you as well. Mmhmm.
6. Also, if you take something from someone, it would be nice to comment and say 'Thanks'. :-) In fact, do it.
7. It's absolutely fine to post links from other sites other than yousendit.com.
8. PLEASE, if you have a big list of leftovers, put it under a cut.
9. Yes, yes and yes again! You may post ANY leftovers you have, whether it be music, computer programs, videos, etc. It's absolutely fine.
10. If a link dies, you MAY ask the poster to re-upload but it's completely up to them if they want to do it or not. If you're posting leftovers, it would probably be best to specify whether you're willing to re-up or not, but that is not required.
11. Tag your post with the corresponding artist names. For example, if you uploaded something by Alanis Morissette in your post, tag it 'Alanis Morissette'. If the artist's name begins with 'The', include 'The' in the tag, e.g. 'The Beatles'. Tag soundtracks as followed: 'ost - "nameofmovie"'. PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO SPELL THE NAME OF THE ARTISTS CORRECTLY. And please don't add useless tags like 'music' or your username or 'rock'. Just use the artists name ONLY, not the name of the album or the song, JUST THE ARTISTS' NAME!
12. Do not link to a post full of your leftovers to another community or journal that you must join/add in order to download. It's not fair to those with limited time to surf on LJ so they have to subject to joining communities or adding journals. Linking to public entries on other communities/journals are fine however.
The RIAA dictates that all music downloaded should be removed after previewing for twenty-four hours. What you do with the music you collect here is your own responsiblity.
|Interests:||30: computer programs, download, downloading, downloads, files, hosting, leftover, leftovers, links, megaupload, movie, movies, mp3, mp3s, music, programs, rapidshare, share, software, song, songs, transfer, transferbigfiles, upload, uploading, uploads, video, videos, yousendit, ysi|
|Members:||13: bewsbud, brimac13, clifton, data_warrior, |
|Watched by:||11: bewsbud, brimac13, clifton, data_warrior, forgivedreamers, gazillionaire, morningview, mrskeithurban, nashira, wachter, yukichan|
|Account type:||Free Patient|
|Date created:||2008-01-17 16:51:59|
|Date updated:||2008-02-11 14:29:17, 710 weeks ago|
|Comments:||Posted: 0 - Received: 1|
|Posting Access:||10: bewsbud, clifton, data_warrior, forgivedreamers, gazillionaire, morningview, mrskeithurban, nashira, wachter, yukichan|