|eclipse_mods (eclipse_mods) wrote in eclipse_rp,|
@ 2007-12-21 21:51:00
|Entry tags:||info, mods|
Things that everyone is meant to follow. This changes often, so it's best to check it occasionally:
- Only anime, manga, or certain video games(mainly RPG related ones) series characters are allowed.
- the standard roleplaying rules. Such as no godmoding, killing without permission, and other common courtesies.
- No harassing the staff (admin/mods)
- All kinds of shipping is welcomed. However it's advised that 1) Smutting is a rare occurrence, and 2) anything above a PG-13 rating needs to be cut and warned.
- Crack is welcomed and encouraged, but please still keep it within some reason.
- Writing skill is not that big of a problem, but it should be decent enough to read. How accurate the character is protrayed is more of a concern here
- Please keep IRL drama out of IC situations.
- If there is any questions or are in need of help, eclipse_ooc is the perfect place to say it.
The character system has been changed recently. Although the total amount one person can play as is still unlimited, there has been some new restrictions added to that rule:
- Up to 3 original characters at a time only
- You can only have 2 versions of the same character(although there can only be 4 versions total. 1 canon and 3 AUs)
Original characters will be looked at more strictly than a character from a series, but otherwise they are welcomed to be practically anything. In the past there also used to be only two types of versions of fandom related character in Eclipse: the IC one, and then one where the character's personality was reversed(as well as coloring). However that rule is no longer enforced, and all kinds of AUs are now welcomed and accepted.
Alternate universes include:
- changes in background
- changes in personality
- different setting/timeperiod
- character at different times of their life(childhood, adulthood, etc.)
- many more
How posting and the communities work:
The main comm (eclipse_rp), is only there to provide information, important announcements, and any global events that everyone can take part in. Everything else will be within character journals. In short, everyone basically has their own roleplay board. And it's up to that person as to how they want to use it(from easy 1st person replies to a big novel-sized epic).
It is also safe to assume that the modern day technology exists somewhere here, considering it's a world made up of hundreds of other ones meshed together. Meaning stuff like internet and all that might exist, even if it's only in some places. So for journal entries(actual ones, not logs) you could literally say they're on a sort of blogging site... Or you could still have it be a traditional pen and paper journal (and send letters to other characters via comments or so).
Also due to the world's situation, its terrain can consist of almost anything, giving plenty of choices for how you want the setting to be. Likewise, one side of the world can be futuristic while next door is still in the stone age.