My name's Desmond, some of you I may have met at some point, some of you may have met me at some point, and if we're really lucky the two might even cross over and we'll actually have met each other. (Time travel is messy.)
Anyway, I'm here for however long I'm here, and I'm sure I can at least offer some of you friendship, but more specifically, the skills I have to offer that may or may not be transferable to a space station.
- I can sail pretty well.
- I am good with my hands, and I can have a good go at most carpentry work.
- I know basic emergency first aid.
- I have a religious background, and although I am clearly not a member of the monastery anymore, in the absence of any priest/minister/rabbi/whatever, I am happy to listen and advise firstly, and perhaps on a more "useful" note, I have conducted christenings, weddings, funerals etc for islanders in the past (and in the future).
- I did a six month detail with the military in disarming munitions. Hopefully that'll not come in handy, but you never know.
- On a similar note, I can handle most firearms well.
Other than that... I don't know, but if you're in need I'll try to help with pretty much anything I can.
I also like wine, scotch, old records, and a good game of football (soccer). On a more sociable note.