Forget Scrabbles and Anagram. We make writing fun!
|Website:||Writing Game @ LJ|
|About:||writing_game is a boardgame community created to make writing fun!|
All fandoms, RP and original works are welcome. Members and non-members may play at any time.
This is the IJ mirror/back up for writing_game.
* Since the writing done for this boardgame is a first draft, please hold off on the concrit unless the writer specifically asked for it.
* Please spell-check and reread your comment before posting it. Feel free to delete and repost a comment if you notice spelling and/or errors. Or self-comment with the spelling correction.
* If you type in ALL CAPSLOCK or l1k3 7h15, your comment will get deleted unless it's a parody or commentary. This is to preserve everybody's sanity.
* If your writing is intended for a mature audience, please label it as R or NC-17 in your comment's subject line.
* Please be mature and keep an open mind. If you find a particular comment offensive, simply ignore it.
The mods reserve the right to delete trollings and/or wanks.
writing_game is inspired by hd_boardgame @ LJ. Suggestions are very helpful.
* The game starts on Friday and goes on until Thursday evening. The mod(s) will then post the final scores.
* The dice, courtesy of rea_saint, determines your first move.
Another option instead of dice: the mod in charge that week post a simple formula on the start of each new game, and that would be your starting point.
e.g.: username + month
lilian_cho + January
10 + 1 = 11
So lilian_cho would start the game in the 11th square.
* Every new move must be posted as a new comment in the game's entry.
* Include your fandom in the subject line. For original just put "original."
e.g. +3, Y, Harry Potter
* You may switch fandoms/worlds whenever you first pass 20 points, 40, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, then free for all.
e.g. Total points: 19. Complete a +3 prompt.
This brings you to 22 points. At this point you may switch fandoms/worlds.
* Complete the instruction in the square you land on to go forward and earn points.
* The difference between 'prompt,' 'character,' and 'genre':
"Genre" = the classifications you would find in a bookstore.
So "Genre: Young Adult" means write something that would be classified as a Young Adult book/ a book with young adults as audience.
"Character: Young Adult" means one of your characters have to be a young adult.
"Prompt: Young Adult" would be more open to interpretation. You may simply incorporate the phrase in the drabble. You may treat it as a theme and not include the phrase at all in your drabble. One of your characters may be a young adult. And so on.
* If you choose to ignore the instruction in the square you land on, you won't lose points but you must go backward.
e.g.: prompt: unresolved sexual tension +3
If you write the drabble, go forward 3 squares.
If you don't, go backward 3 squares.
* The word count of each comment must be 50-200 words, unless specified otherwise (e.g. poetry, haiku, etc.) If you go over 200 words, you may go forward but you will not earn points for that move.
* Links and scores will be posted at the beginning of each new game. If you want your writing to be included in our list, please compile all your writing and post them to your LJ. Then provide the link(s) to one of the mods.
* Depending on members' votes, we may or may not include doodle/drawble/illustration square(s) into the game.
(To be an affiliate, contact one of the mods at lilian_cho, benebu, gelsey or albichorizon)
slytherin_100 -- a weekly challenge drabble community focusing on Slytherin characters.
|Interests:||43: boardgame, boardgames, books, boys' love, characters, cookies, creative nonfiction, crossovers, dialogue, drabbles, fan fics, fanfics, fanfiction, fics, fiction, gabriel knight, genre, haiku, harry potter, het, nonfiction, original, original fic, pastiche, plot, poem, poetry, prompt, prompts, quotes, roleplay, round robin, rp, script, short stories, short story, slash, start trek, stories, west wing, words, wotd, writing|
|Watched by:||1: draudigs|
|Account type:||Free Patient|