Jun. 18th, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Hunt The Hare
1. We need to find Barton
2. We need to find Thu Hien and let him lead where he will
3. We need to get Andrey into peoples’ minds and on screen.
Notes I (Cass) have an email from BriAnne about this that I have received but honestly hsve not read. I will reply to it within 24 hours.
Sympathy For The Devil
Objective: To remove Katherine from the current game equation. On a meta level, we feel that she has too much influence and power, that she does not deserve.
1. Katherine reflects on her life with Bart.
4. Tereska catches Bart violating privacy and kills him.
5. Tereska finds out that she didn’t entirely prevent the violation of privacy and informs Alistair and Katherine that Katherine’s cover is blown.
6. Katherine disappears (either into hiding or dead).
7. The group is effectively leaderless.
8. This segues into...
Notes This really is going to remove Katherine from the game. We're very serious about that. Jillian, we'd like to know what you'd like to have happen to Alistair, who we'd like not to lose.
It’s What You’ve Got Inside That Counts
Objective: There really are threats out there, and there really are people capable of killing over genes. We want to bring them on screen to provide something for the group to react to.
1. Genetic readers (G-readers for short) - machines capable of reading a person's genetic structure even from a distance of about twenty feet - are released to the public by Vile Corporation X.
2. Gangs of patriots begin assaulting/killing Wild Cards.
3. Tereska and Alistair have some kind of resolution (not necessarily the same one) that they are no longer employed; this needs to be decided with Jillian.
4. Matt and Gabe realise that a) they have an ideological objection to what’s happening, and b) they want it to not be happening, so c) they need to behave openly as heroes in an attempt to change public opinion. This sets up a decision loop.
5a. The group decides to fracture over Matt and Gabe's actions. (Not desirable, but our last idea is to force people to keep doing things they wouldn't want to.)
5b. We can soften this some by having public opinion be supportive of Wild Cards as a result of the killings that have shocked the nation if we need to give the characters space. However, if the characters go into hiding...
5c. The characters can operate incognito to promote the greater good.
Notes: Obviously a lot of character discretion in the latter half of this plot.
We do not have firm timeframes for any of these, but we do expect that we'll have more time starting next week to get some of these actions happening. As ever, we welcome discussions and/or questions.