Please be considerate to the other members of this community and follow these rules:
1. Brides/grooms must be 18 years of age or older. In the US, individuals under 18 years of age cannot enter into a legal contract such as marriage without parental consent (in most states). As such, we ask that our members have reached the age of majority if they are planning a wedding. This rule does NOT apply to those who are participating in a wedding (bridesmaid, groomsman, etc.) If the bride/groom is a citizen of another country, they should meet their country's legal requirements. If there is any confusion, please contact a moderator.
2. Discrimination or generalizations, of any kind (based on race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity, weight, gender, etc.) will not be tolerated in this community. You are more than welcome to express your reasons as to why something "is not your style," but please respect others' preferences. We all come from different regional, religious, ethnic and financial backgrounds and all walks of life. This community is open to gay/lesbian couples, therefore we ask that our members keep an open mind. Acknowledge that others may think differently and be gracious about it when someone else challenges your opinion or the way you expressed it. If you cannot discuss the issue in a calm, rational manner, then do not respond. Anyone caught personally attacking another member will be warned on the first and second offense, then banned on the third.
3. Do not delete other people's comments to your posts. People are always going to disagree with you. In addition, if you feel someone's comment is out of line, take it up with the moderator. We cannot see what you delete so appropriate action cannot be taken. Do not post to the community with comments disabled. This does not foster a community of open dialogue.
4. We will ask you to delete any post that is completely off-topic. All discussions must involve wedding planning somehow. You may talk about how wonderful your fiancé is or how nasty your future mother-in-law is, but it must be in relation to wedding planning. This community is for the discussion of wedding planning. Anything not directly related to the actual act of planning a wedding will be considered off-topic. Use your best judgement; if you think it might even remotely be off-topic hide it behind an IJ-cut.
5. We will also ask you to either delete or add more information to "one-line squees." We want to hear more information about your wedding planning than just one line about how your dress arrived!
6. No commercial postings of any kind! If you're showing off your invitations, dress, craftiness or recommending a vendor, that's more than welcome, but if you're hoping to make cash off your post in weddingplans, please do not post. We do not tolerate posts made for personal gain. This means you should not post about an eBay auction you have created or try to sell us your services as a florist, photographer, musician, wedding consultant or any other position.
7. If drama errupts in the comments of a post, keep it in the comments! Any community post made to fuel the drama will be deleted, no warnings.
8. Put all large pictures (bigger than 400 pixels on any side), multiple images and long posts behind an IJ-cut tag.
9. Please do not use an icon containing profanity or pornography when posting or commenting in this community. Also, please refrain from the over-use of profanity in your posts or comments. We understand the need to vent about some things from time to time, but if you post a vent/rant with extreme language, please hide it behind a LJ-cut tag with a warning. These rules are to keep weddingplans a respectful and harassment-free forum.
10. As a matter of common courtesy, we ask that all members please stick to using the default font style, size, and color when posting in this community. We want all members to be able to easily read what's posted and using custom colors and fonts can cause issues with other members' layouts.
Name and/or LJ userID:
Bride/Groom/Other (please specify):
City/State/Country you live in:
City/State/Country you're getting married in (if different):
Your song/First Dance song:
Theme (if you have one):
Number of guests:
How'd you meet your fiance?:
How long have you been together?:
Do you have a personal wedding website?:
Anything else you'd like to tell us?:
|Interests:||146: attendants, bachelor, bachelor parties, bachelorette, bachelorette parties, bakers, bands, banquet, best man, bouquet, bouquet toss, bouquets, boutonnieres, bridal party, bridal shower, brides, bridesmaid dresses, bridesmaids, bridezilla, budget, cake, cake serving sets, cake top, cake toppers, caterers, ceremony, champagne flutes, church, color scheme, commitment, commitment ceremonies, corsages, couple, decorations, destination wedding, destination weddings, diamonds, dj, double happiness, engaged, engagement, engagement ring, engagement rings, etiquette, fairy tale weddings, family, favors, favours, fiance, fiance', fiancee, florists, flower arrangements, flower girls, flowers, garter, garters, gift registry, gifts, groom, grooms, groomsmen, guest list, guests, hairstyle, handfasting ceremonies, happiness, hawaii weddings, headpieces, honeymoon, honeymoon cruises, honeymoons, i love you, in-laws, invitation wording, invitations, joy, ketubahs, kisses, lace, limousine, love, maid of honor, maid of honour, marriage, marriage certificate, marriage license, married, officiant, organ, out-of-town guests, outdoor weddings, party, photography, poetry readings, proposal, reception, receptions, registries, ribbons, ring, ring bearer, ring pillow, ring pillows, rings, romance, saris, satin, save the date, save-the-date, shoes, shower, speeches, stags, theme weddings, tiaras, toasts, true love, tuxedos, veils, vendors, videographer, videography, vows, wedding, wedding advice, wedding band, wedding cake, wedding cakes, wedding cameras, wedding colors, wedding customs, wedding dates, wedding dress, wedding dresses, wedding etiquette, wedding gowns, wedding insurance, wedding music, wedding party, wedding planner, wedding planners, wedding planning, wedding plans, wedding traditions, weddings|
|Account type:||Free Patient|