Important Mod Post #1 (now with disturbing icon)
- There is, and always has been, a place that we gather to give each other love, and that's character_love. Anyone can join, post for any game they're in, any character they love reading, praise other players, what have you. We're trying to get it regularly used again, so why not just tout it here, yes?
- The Pledge = This is very important, and is actually required in order to play. Each of your characters will need to sign it in their own comment. If you have not done this yet, please do it as soon as possible. It's fun, and yet it's serious. We'd like this restart of the game to be fun and enjoyable to everybody, and part of it is the pledge.
- We're going to make a bit of a push to bring more focus on something that's been in game the whole time, but hasn't had a lot of attention. You may remember this from joining, long long ago in a faraway place called Greatestjournal. The City provided these personal computers to every character, they could be used for email and texting, computerish things. Your characters couldn't get rid of them no matter how hard they tried.
They will be changed ever so slightly to now include actual phone abilities. Giving them more of a Palm look:
All the previous information about them will stay the same. Email, chat, call, text, whatever.
Now. To use these, there are two options. You will see tags to this effect as well, one being !communications: the network and the other being !communications: other. Other means everything that is not on the open network. If something is on the open network anybody can reply to it. Anybody. If you want what you've written to only be viewable by certain characters, you need to put that in the subject line. So if you're writing Buffy it would be Lunch? (Buffy: text/email/im/etc) otherwise, just put something along the lines of Hello? (Network: chat/email/etc).
The most important part of this that ALL things that are open network MUST go in the community. Must. And if you want your private-to-certain-characters things to count as activity, they also must go in the community. If any of this is done in personal journals, it will not count. Please remember this.
- There were some fairly big happenings with The City itself before we closed down. We suggest that you catch up a little, because this will all be important, and we don't want anybody blindsided.
- Please make much use of the directory and friends list button. We do keep it up to date constantly, so there won't be any bad information there as far as we're concerned.
- Plot: We don't have a regular plot chat, as we're very scattered as a group and it's not easy to do. Once in a while it can be pulled off. But not often. When it does happen, it will be posted in we_connect. Otherwise, that's what we made the community for. But please don't be afraid to contact people on aim or by email either. Don't wait around for people to bug you for plot, you have to bug as well.
- Starting the 1st holds will return to their normal 3 day status with one 3 day extension (barring special circumstances, of course).
- We still have the Wanted Characters page, but it's undergone a little plastic surgery and become a little more organized. Please have a look, and don't be shy about adding your suggestions.
And Now The Really Important Part
Opening Plot Notice.
We're going to have a game-wide opening plot. It will involve everybody. I will make another post about it in a few days. It will have many details. Which is why it'll be it's own post.