So I thought I should do this now, so we can kick it off asap after the activity checks this weekend. This is very involved and detailed, please read it carefully.
Official InsaneJournal Challenge Number Two will be...
Dun dun dun.... WC: THE MURDER MYSTERY
How this is going to work is, everybody signs up with however many characters they want to have take part. I will randomly select one person, and that person will be the murderer. Only that person will know who they are, because they'll get an email.
On the start date, you will have to commence with rp as normal, if you get teamed up with the murder, you may die. If you are the murderer and you're going to kill somebody, it needs to be in an aim/email log. This is very important. Nobody can see who you are. EDIT:
I could make an NPC journal too, if everyone thinks that would make this easier. Actually, that might be a really good idea. I'll do that. EDIT 2:
The npc journal is i_blankityblank
, the murderer will get the password and be able to use this.
The other participants will have to go by clues that the murderer drops in their writing in order to figure it out. If the murderer gets through all the participants, the murderer wins. If somebody figures out who it is before everybody is dead, then they win.
1. Your characters will die. But they will only remain dead until the time that the challenge is over.
2. If you are playing with more than one character, and that character dies, please remember that it doesn't mean that your other characters have any idea who the murderer is. If you think this will be a problem for you, please only sign up with one of your critters.
3. This challenge will run until July 31st. Your characters will have until then to figure out what's going on, die, or keep themselves from dying.
4. Remember this is supposed to be fun. Please don't ruin it for others, and please don't get upset if you get tagged to be murdered. Not that I think we'll have a problem with that from any of you. The murderer will get to choose who, when and where the murders take place, not to mention how.
5. The murderer should be very careful
to not mention their own name in murder logs, and maybe at first, not even mention if they're male or female. The murderer will pick and choose what clues they leave behind. It should be something small, maybe something that if people were really
thinking about it, it could tie directly to them. The murderer should also feel quite free to frame and accuse others during this challenge. There is no reason why the murderer has to remain in secret, and can and probably should act just like everybody else unless they're murdering, which means using the normal character journal for normal logs.
6. To everybody who is NOT going to participate, please continue playing as normal. Or if you are not directly involved in being dead, or a murder log/murder related log, feel free to have your characters interact with the non-participating characters. They can discuss the murder, they can be worried for people. Etc and so on. Just because somebody's not actively involved in the challenge doesn't mean they can't be tied in somehow or have to be ignored. Just remember, once your character is dead, they really shouldn't be talking to anybody
until the challenge is over. Except George (or other deaths).
7. If your character happens to be immortal or otherwise unable to harm normally, feel free to make an exception for this challenge. There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to participate, I just want you guys to have fun. Clarification
: Only me, the murderer and the people who die will know who the murderer is. Only the murderer will be able to leave clues about themselves. If the murderer is doing a log that has nothing to do with murder, they will use their regular character journal (IE - Acting innocent, gossiping about the murders, trying to solve the murders/pin them on somebody else). When the murders are happening, to keep anonymity, the murderer will use AIM/Email and the log will be posted by the victim, or they will use the NPC journal.
Any questions? Comments?
Sign up now! (I'll put up another reminder this weekend)