The Red Thread
meet your destiny
|Website:||The Red Thread Wiki|
Everyone wonders who they're meant to be with, right? Here's a game that helps characters find their 'soulmate'.
Based on the Chinese theory of the Red Thread -
“An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place and circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.”
characters are drawn to a retreat in the mountains where, through the most unlikely of circumstances, they meet someone special.
A retreat nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains with quaint cabins, well-tended gardens and a stable of horses available throughout the year. The summers are warm and humid, the winters are cold and wet, but the indoor swimming pool in the main building and secluded lake a quarter-mile from the main site are available to the guests and all cabins are equipped with a fireplace.
Meals are taken in the main building, though the cabins do have kitchen facilities. Laundry facilities are also provided in the main building, as well as a small lounge with a bar and a well-stocked infirmary.
The great room of the main building is open and warm. There's a baby grand piano in one corner, along with several shelves of books that are available to the guests. The other side of the room boasts the great fireplace surrounded by cozy couches and chairs. There is even an area for playing cards next to the beat up billiard table that was bought cheap from a pool hall that was closing up shop.
The area surrounding the main building and its satellite cabins is wooded. Walking and riding paths have been carved between the trees leading to the lake, the stables and other locales of interest.*
* Please speak with a mod before adding to the landscape. It is permitted, but we'd like to know what's being done so we can be sure to add it to the list.
- No pre-arranged pairings. Characters will be paired up by random dice roll upon application approval.
- No switching once the pairs have been chosen. You (the player) agree, when you join this game, that your pup's significant other is to be chosen by a random dice roll and that you will do whatever it takes to work out a relationship between the characters.
- If one half of a pairing leaves the game, the second half is single until the next series of dice rolls takes place to re-pair that character.
- Fill out the character application here. Canon-based characters only, please and make sure your character has a real-person face, no drawings.
- Read and agree to the Pup Pairing Proclamation as laid out here
- Request membership at the_red_thread and the_thread_ooc and friend red_thread_mods.
- Once the preliminary number of applications are received (approximately 10), the dice rolls will commence and the random pairings will be decided.
- After the preliminary, applications will be open for the first seven (7) days of the month (1st - 7th).
- Random dice rolls for pairing of characters and notifications of those pairings to the players will be done during the second seven (7) days of the month (8th - 14th).
- If there is an odd number of applications and/or single pups, the remainder pup may remain single until the next dice roll.
|Interests:||4: role play, role-play, rpg, the red thread|
|Maintainers:||3: highlander_ii, non_timebo_mala, red_thread_mods|
|Members:||4: highlander_ii, non_timebo_mala, red_thread_mods, sexycolonel_sg1|
|Account type:||Free Patient|