Where fanfic dare not tread
|About:||Welcome to The Literatzzi! We're a small, private writing group for people wanting to work on original fiction (and many of us are trying to break out of the trap of fanfic). |
We will consider applications to join the group on a case-by-case basis. To apply, please email me (Jen) at email@example.com and tell me why you'd like to join. Please include a writing sample that is a true example of your ability.
1. Every Monday I'll post a new exercise/prompt. You are under no obligation to complete every single exercise. If you do want to complete it, you have one week to get it posted, and then we move on to the next.
2. Once you've completed an exercise, post it to the community as its own entry (not as a reply to the original assignment post). All creative work should be posted behind a cut (to keep entry sizes down) with a brief description - either the title of the piece, or "Prompt #4" or "Exercise #2". Something that will let it be easily identified.
3. Feedback to posted pieces must be constructive. It can be negative, but constructively negative. No tearing down of anyone else without suggestions of how they might improve.
4. By all means, if you'd like feedback on something you're working on/have completed that's not related to an excercise, please feel free to post it. Include a brief description of the piece and what you're looking for in regards to feedback (if there's something specific bugging you, or if you're just looking for general feedback).
5a. This group thrives on a give-take philosophy. Give back! If you want feedback on your stuff, make sure you give feedback to others. If you constantly ask for feedback but never give any in return, you will be spoken to. If you continue to post pieces for feedback without providing any after being spoken to, you will be removed from the group. Simple as that.
5b. If people take the time to read and comment on your entries? Show your appreciation by taking the time to acknowledge their comments. It's just the polite, considerate thing to do.
6. If you have a great idea for a writing prompt/exercise, let me know and I'll add it to the list.
7. No fanfic. Period.
8. If you guys have any suggestions or ideas to help make the group better/more effective, etc., by all means let me know. This is our group, and we want it to be everything we want/need it to be.
9. Have fun! This is a safe place to experiment with your writing. Nobody here is going to tell you that you suck. Nobody is going to mock you. Feel free to push the envelope. Feel free to let your creativity flow in whichever direction it wants. Nothing is taboo here.
10. Whoever gets published first - and, no surprise, that's Katey!! - has to kick everybody else's butt and drag them into the pro-fic world with them.
|Interests:||10: constructive criticism, creative writing, creativity, feedback, novels, original fiction, short stories, writing, writing exercises, writing prompts|
|Maintainers:||9: aearonlinn, dejenerate, fairefolkbard, |
|Members:||9: aearonlinn, dejenerate, fairefolkbard, |
|Watched by:||5: aearonlinn, dejenerate, fairefolkbard, kalenodonnell, mssolo|
|Account type:||Free Patient|