network; mystique (021)
If you were wondering what life felt like just before the Sentinel program started, this was it.
And now it's May. No Hank or Alex or Charles in sight.
I think it might be time to admit it's just going to be me and you, sweetheart.
I'm going to need you all to check in. Rogers, Danvers, Rocket, and Groot all disappeared this morning. Rocket and Groot, I witnessed myself.
» Where is Grant Ward?
I think it's time we got together and discussed the elephant in the room, now that Wanda's back.
It must be said that we aren't truly related, not by the laws of our universe, but our worlds are all fractured pieces of each other. Piece together enough, and a picture emerges:
- [...] I may have a son, named Peter, whose power is exceptional speed.
- In other universes, Peter — or Pietro — has a twin sister, named Wanda.
- In Billy's world, Billy is Wanda's "spiritual" son, which involves some complications that I can't explain.
- Raven has a son with Azazel — as does Mystique, I believe.
- Mystique is adopted mother to her world's Rogue.
- Raven/Mystique's biological son, Kurt, in another universe, has a child with Wanda named TJ.
I may have missed something.
Like it or not, we're all of us tangled together. I think a family dinner is in order.
We're not doing this holiday thing, are we?
There are enough of us here now to warrant a gathering, I think.
I know there's some distance between me and the rest of you for a variety of reasons, but I'd like to change that if I can. I think we should all do something together, if not now then soon, after this cold is done infecting everyone in the mountain. We're all stranded in the same place, we should stay connected. Or be connected.
So is it just going to stay chilly in here or...?