The Internet: Serious Business
can it be a hugs tiem now?
|About:||This is not Fandom_Wank!|
But hey, it's all good. Post your encounters with serious business. Doesn't have to be funny, and it certainly shouldn't be small-fandom, but whatev. This are Serious Business.
And Lo, There Were Rules
1. Please only post Serious Business! What meets the definition of Serious Business, but as a general rule of thumb, don't stick to fandom-only topics unless they're the sort that impact large swaths of people. Non-fandom wankery and Serious Business welcomed with open arms! Please no up-to-the-second spamming of links to various iterations of Serious Business or posting of things that may become Serious Business. Only actual Serious Business with edits if things start jumping around.
2. Do not troll people who show up here. You get your pick of being able to make comments about what's going on here or there. If you comment here, you can't turn around and stir shit up there. If you're involved in shit there, stop stirring shit up before you comment here. We don't need to go feeding no trolls.
3. Do not link people participating in Serious Business back here. Internet word of mouth is a fast enough creature that most people can figure it out on their own, kthx.
4. Do not troll or flood this community. Trolling for our purposes does not mean when someone shows up and argues with an OP. We're talking about filling up a post with completely unrelated comments, filling up the comments with nonsense, and in other ways just being an obnoxious jerk.
5. Do not use non-work-safe graphics! We are an all-ages community because I don't want to have to do the locks and background checks to make it an 18+ community. That and some daring people actually read IJ at work, and you don't want to end up making a denial of employment attack through a member's friends' list, do you? (Note that discussion of non-work-safe material is okay. Your boss would actually have to hang around your habitat long enough to read the post, after all.)
5 1/2. Do not post large graphics/image macros to the community/comments. Let us be forgiving of people who still have dial-up. Not to mention the fact that I, for one, would like to be able to choose the situations in which I end up having to bleach my eyes. Linking images and macros is still cool, just no "img src" tags.
6. Do not link to locked material. We can't point and make commentary like Statler and Waldorf if material is locked. And it's not too cool to disrespect someone's privacy either. Note that a lot of Serious Business is in public for all to see anyway. :D
7. Don't be an idiot.
Your Evil Overlord(s) will remind a couple times you if you forget these simple facts of life (with or without bitchy commentary), but continued stupid will get you banned sooner or later depending on the severity and frequency of offenses. If you're unhappy, you can e-mail us if you want and appeal, but that's not a guarantee.
Please, use common sense. Most of these rules have pretty sound reasoning behind them, and if you're not sure about something ask!
The rules can't cover every contingency, but as a rule of thumb if your behavior is something that eerily resembles that of the people we post about, don't go crying if you get called to the mat about it.
The Evil Overlord(s)
There aren't any affiliates/branch communities yet!
|Interests:||3: interesting stuff, porn, serious business|
|Members:||41: ajatshatru, anidada, ardath_rekha, atalantapendrag, atdrake, bad_username, balinesenoneko, beautyfulevil, caoilainn, deborak, diachrony, djinanna, |
|Watched by:||36: ajatshatru, anidada, ardath_rekha, atalantapendrag, atdrake, bad_username, balinesenoneko, beautyfulevil, caoilainn, deborak, diachrony, djinanna, erisreg, glitterbats, greenwitch, heavens_feel, hibari, jaybee65, jim000037, jyuukoi, kaesa, kajivar, liz_marcs, lostangelssong, mercurychaos, plaidmutineer, purplefeen, rap541, rubyfruit_pixie, rusty_halo, sapphoq, stasha2g, stellar_dust, teh_kittykat, theantijoss, tigresslilly|
|Account type:||Free Patient|