|About:||Supernatural Random is a community for writers of fanfiction for the CW show Supernatural to take a character from the show and pair them with a character from another fandom. |
The Rules: Simple but necessary.
1. You must be a member before you can claim a table/pairing.
2. You take one character from Supernatural and pair them with a character from a different fandom (ie., Sam/Count Olaf, John/Spike).
2a. Secondary characters are allowed, it doesn't have to just be the Winchesters. For example, you can have Jo Harvelle and pair her with Lord Voldemort, or pair Ava with Jack Bauer.
2b. RPS is allowed. However, I have to ask that you don't pair the character (Jensen, Jared, Jeff, etc.) with another actor from a movie they shot together. Say, Jared can't be paired with Paris Hilton, or Jensen Ackles with Dierdre Hall. You can mix RPS with fiction.
2c. No OCs as a second half of the pairing. Not right now, and probably not ever unless you can convince me that the stories and characters are established enough that it would work. However, you can have original characters in the story, they just can't be part of the pairing.
As a sidenote, I'm not entirely sold on Anime, I don't see how it could work. I hate to restrict, but it is animation and we're dealing with live-action characters. However with the new Supernatural comic books available, comic-crossovers are now accepted.
3. You choose one of four prompt tables of 10 words and write 10 fics based on those prompts.
3a. Due to the fact that not everyone is going to write the same, spice of life and all that, 3 people can choose the same pairing/fandom per table.
4. Either bi-weekly or monthly a random prompt will be thrown in, purely optional, just to break things up a bit. Monthly challenges are now open. If you haven't decided on what you want to claim but the monthly prompt inspires you to write, you are welcome to post your finished product to the community.
5. Absolutely no flames. I understand that you are going to dislike a pairing, but please restrict any and all negative comments to your own journal.
5a. Constructive criticism and feedback is what a writer thrives on, no matter how much they say of the opposite. But I have to ask that you do it in a nice, helpful way. I'm not saying coddle, if you spot a mistake in spelling or tense or plotline or whatever, pointing it out is what concrit is. However I've seen too many times where people go practically rabid over a missing period, or a "was" instead of "is". Let's not bite the hand that feeds us.
6. There is no maximum length for fics, however they must be at least 100 words. If you're a word or two under, I won't go nuts about it, but try to keep it at least 100 as often as possible.
7. There is no deadline. I know sometimes RL can be an ass, that you have other fic deadlines, or what have you. So there's no rush.
8. Please post with the format below. You don't have to wait until all 10 prompts are complete before you post.
If you've finished a claim and would like another, and it isn't already taken, go for it!
Prompts/table codes here
Claims list/leave a claim here
Drop a claim here
Your choice already taken? Be waitlisted here
Want to affiliate? here
Completed claims here
|Interests:||23: ash, ava wilson, dean winchester, donovan ray, ellen harvelle, fastlane, gordon walker, grey's anatomy, izzy stevens, jack shephard, jared padalecki, jeffrey dean morgan, jensen ackles, jo harvelle, john winchester, katherin heigl, lost, mary winchester, matthew fox, missouri moseley, peter facinelli, sam winchester, supernatural|
|Members:||7: auryon, buyo105, lteagleeyes, magik, marys_scribbles, sacre, unchainme|
|Watched by:||5: auryon, lteagleeyes, magik, marys_scribbles, saddle_tramp|
|Account type:||Free Patient|