|Kuchiki Byakuya is cold and confident. (vibrant_display) wrote in soulsociety_ooc,|
@ 2010-05-23 15:53:00
|Entry tags:||faq, rules|
* We would prefer mature participants, who are 18 and older.
* The game is primarily played in Soul Society and Karakura Town.
* Threading or google docs works for logging. Network posts are fine too if your character wants to do a diary entry on the main journal or whatever. If you want to do posts on your own journal and provide links in the main comm? Have at it.
* You will probably also need a separate journal for each character and using a journal that is already active in another game is fine. Ask if you need a code.
* You can pick a live action pb if you want, but if it's easier and you want the anime or manga icons, then go for it. I'm no fan of whitewashing or anything, but if you can't find a fit, then whatever. We're not tyrants.
* Contact lists will be kept private under a friends-only filter so your information isn't open to the public. If you wish to publicly display your e-mail and IM up on your journal(s), that's purely your choice.
* There is no limit to the number of characters, as long as you feel comfortable playing them and you're not simply sitting on a needed character that you're never using.
* If you're already in the game, you don't need to write out a whole other application for a new toon. If you're capable, just say you want so-and-so and they're yours.
* Original characters are probably a no, considering that they're unnecessary when you take into account there's a ton of canon characters to play and that we would like filled in.
* However, NPCing someone original to kill or mail for a plot-line, is fine. Please recognize they are expendable. They aren't characters you get to exclusively use or keep to yourself.
* Just submit a paragraph to the community maintainers so we can make sure you know you have a handle on the character.
* This is not a 'everyone got sucked into a void and there's now 100 Renji's running around' type of community. There will be only 1 Renji and only 1 of each individual Bleach character running around . There are no holds or hold extensions on available characters. It is first-come, first-served (including recently dropped characters). If there's someone you want, please apply for them asap.
* This is also not a 'everyone's stuck in one place' game. You are not confined or in prison. Use your imagination with where shops and stuff are and have fun.
* No godmodding. See here for the definition. Even Kenpachi hasn't gone Kill Mode on all of his fellow captains and comrades. That won't happen in this game, cuz that's not cool. Keep it even and fair, and be respectful of others and their characters.
* If you have to go on a hiatus, that's fine. Shit happens. Post it up in OOC so everyone knows and just give a shout out when you get back.
* Activity check? Pfft. This is just for crack and fun, so no. There's no real activity check. But if a few months (yes MONTHS, like more than 3) go by and we haven't heard a peep from you or even received an e-mail? We reserve the right to open up that character for someone else to pick up.
* I want this game will be run as a democracy, right down to plotlines. I'd like everyone to get their say, their vote on things, and a turn making suggestions. The best games are run as a cooperative, since roleplaying requires group participation and input.
* You can use the manga or the anime series. If everyone's okay with it, we can already have Aizen be defeated, or we can place him in Hueco Mundo. I'm open to whatever.
* You do not have to use Japanese, other than being able to spell their names correctly. Nicknames and such are fine too. For instance, 'Taichou' or 'Captain' is fine either way in rp, since they both mean the same things. No being a hard ass stickler, here. Roll with whatever.
* No drama. There's no reason to not be civil to one another. We're here to have fun and rp together, not pummel one other with word-fists of written-fury every ten seconds. If you want online drama, then please go elsewhere to find it. This area isn't your personal trolling arena and the rest of us are not here to be your babysitter. Too much and you're outtie.
* When in doubt, its always a good idea to double-check using The Bleach wiki! There's a very nice listing of Zanpakuto and kido spells there too, divided into different types! I'm pretty lax...so a basic understanding is fine, and you don't have to have things 110% memorized. In fact....
* You don't have to be a hardcore Bleach otaku to play here. Casual fan? Got a grasp of the characterization and what they're about? Cool beans. C'mon in.
* All logs need to be placed under a lj-cut tag.
* Any sort of ships are fine (m/f, m/m, f/f) as long as its rating labeled (Low, Medium, High) before the cut tag if its clean or not. This is a polite formality for others, so they don't get a nose bleed.
* You are welcome to post anything and everything up, as long as its rated for graphic content.
* Also, long form (like fanfic or reading a book) or short form/meta form (like a script format) are accepted here. The preference is usually that it's long form, but I'm not going to be a snob about the writing style.
* Have fun and cracky lulz is as welcome as srs angst buckets is. The series has a healthy dose of both, which is great. Too much angst wears thin and people need some levity, or else rp burn out happens. Boo. Burn out.