The snarry_swap is under new management and sign-ups for the fifth annual snape_potter Daft Day snarry_swap will begin on August 4th. They will remain open until August 21st.
"Snarry Swap" is an anonymous fic and art exchange fest that has always been hosted by snape_potter. In previous years, this fest was posted only on IJ at the snarry_swap community. However, beginning this year, Snarry Swap, like all other fests hosted by snape_potter will be cross-posted directly to snape_potter on LJ, IJ, and DW. The snarry_swap community on IJ will remain, but will not be updated. All entries after this one including sign-ups will be posted at snape_potter with one exception: a master post that links to the "Snarry Swap" tag on snape_potter will be posted at snarry_swap to enable readers to easily locate the entries.
Sign-ups: August 4th - August 21st
Assignments will be e-mailed: August 27th
Creations due: December 14th
Posting: January 1st - 31st, 2011 (depending upon the number of participants)
- Participants must be 18 years old or older before January 1, 2011.
- Snape/Harry will be the primary pairing of all creations. Secondary pairings are allowed but the primary pairing must include Snape/Harry.
- In keeping with the spirit of the original fest, all creations must be rated R or NC-17.
- The minimum word count for fics is 1,000. There is no maximum.
- All fics should be beta-read. If you need a beta, there will be a 'call for betas' post later in the fest.
- Fics must include basic HTML tags for bold, italics, etc.
- Creations must be complete and original. They can't be part of a WiP. However, they can be part of a series if your submission can be read/viewed as a stand-alone.
- Creations are posted anonymously.
- You may not post your creations elsewhere until after the big reveal.
- Email your creations and any questions you may have to spfestmod @ gmail.com
Q. Is the fest still an exchange? A. It is, indeed.
Q. What if I prefer not to write or draw something rated R or NC-17? A. Then this probably isn't the fest for you. The other fests sponsored by snape_potter (Snarry-a-Thon, Back to Hogwarts) welcome fic and art of all ratings. This one, however, to exemplify the original fest name of Smut Swap requires a higher rating.
Q. What if I sign up and find myself needing a couple more days to finish my submission? A. Contact the mods as soon as you realize that you won't make the deadline and request an extension. We do understand that sometimes life happens and will do our best to accommodate your request. However, because this is an exchange, we do ask that you understand that we may not be able to grant a request that comes right on or after the deadline.