|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2006-09-14 23:46:00
Original poster: snarrymod
Your Name (and lj name if different): Undun - undunoops
Your Snarry Games Team: Romance! (teamromance_art)
1. What made you decide on Team Romance?
I didn’t choose Team Romance; it chose me. While I was waiting to see what team I was going to be on I had great fun brainstorming angsty and romantic scenarios.
2. Which HP character is your favourite to create in art?
I suppose Snape is the character that I draw most often, and I suppose that must indicate a preference on my part. Must be the nose. And the sneer. Couldn’t be the hair… could it?
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
No, not really. My art was pretty well established before my fannish involvement. Maybe it has brought me down off my high art horse.
4. Do you prefer drawing your own scenarios, or drawing scenes from canon?
In terms of volume there is far more fanfic than canon and therefore much more scope as far as illustration goes. Also, there is something very freeing about drawing a vision that has just popped into your own head.
5. What made you decide to draw fanart the first time? Which fandom was it?
Oh, pre-history! I think it was Star Wars… and I think I was lusting madly over Han Solo.
6. Who is your favourite fandom artist?
That’s a tough one. So many have elements that I like, and yet they are all so very different. I prefer a smorgasbord approach! There are some great Gen artists out there too, like caladan_ddthat I like to keep up to date with.
7. Have you ever been inspired to draw fanart for a fanfiction work? Why?
Yes. Sometimes a fic inspires such a vivid vision that you feel compelled to draw it. Not to draw it would hurt.
8. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
For fan art I usually work in charcoal. It is easy to use, no prep, and is portable. It also gives an astonishing range of tone. At the moment I am stuck on using ‘Wolffs Carbon’ pencil. I paint a lot in other artwork, which takes a lot prep, cleaning and energy – in contrast, sitting down with a charcoal pencil and a piece of paper is very relaxing.
9. Do you have a piece of art (fandom or original) you've done that you are most proud of? Would you link it here for us?
I have a certain fondness for my very first piece of Harry Potter fan art:
10. Are you excited about the Snarry Games?
I’m looking forward to both drawing for it and seeing what everyone else comes up with. It is also going to be fun to connect with other artists, which I haven’t done to any great extent before.
Oh, and Romance will win. Dead certain.
Thank you, undunoops!