|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2006-09-14 23:43:00
Original poster: snarrymod
Your Name (and lj name if different): hikaru (hikaru)
Your Snarry Games Team: Team Angst (teamangst_art)
1. What made you decide on Team Angst?
I like angst. :D Also, because I wanted a challenge. I have a million ideas on how to draw a romancey picture, so I decided to do the intelligent thing and pick the harder of the two for me. ;)
2. Which HP character is your favourite to create in art?
Snape, hands down. I think it's the nose, really. I can't tell you how many pages of class notes and work memos I have with little Snapey profiles drawn on them. It's quite scary, really.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
It's made me more conscious of the way I draw -- made me want to put more effort into my little doodles. I never really cared much for bothering with proper proportion, or researching anatomy, or making my husband stand in funny poses so I can figure out what the muscles do before I sunk myself into fandom.
Fandom has made me want to be a better artist, in short!
4. Do you prefer drawing your own scenarios, or drawing scenes from canon?
Drawing my own scenarios. Mostly because every time I try to draw a scene from canon, it never quite comes out on paper the way it exists in my head. I'd rather just make up my own scenes.
5. What made you decide to draw fanart the first time? Which fandom was it?
I've always been drawing, ever since I was a little kid. I drew a lot of Looney Tunes characters as a kid, and maybe some Muppets, but mostly random circles and clouds and puppy dogs. Once I discovered the internet as a teenager, I started posting my fan art, which was mostly in anime fandoms, as well as Star Wars and The X-Files.
6. Who is your favourite fandom artist?
Oh, I can't pick just one. Fan artists who have influenced me, whether they know it or not, include nimori, duckpuppy, cluegirl, halogirl8, and glockgal
7. Have you ever been inspired to draw fanart for a fanfiction work? Why?
I have, though the pieces have largely never been finished or posted anywhere. ;) So many fic writers have very expressive ways with their words that inspire very vivid scenes in my head.
8. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Pen and paper, baby. For all that I know about computers, Photoshop is way above my level of intelligence. I stick with my trusty sketchbook, pencils, and Micron pens. Sometimes coloured pencils if I feel very ambitious.
9. Do you have a piece of art (fandom or original) you've done that you are most proud of? Would you link it here for us?
I am woefully bad at finishing art, and even worse at scanning it and posting it. Here's two of my favourites, however:
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
Bellatrix kneeling before the Dark Lord
I tried to find things I liked done in a different style and failed miserably.
10. Are you excited about the Snarry Games?
HECK YES. I'm nervous like a crazy shaking little nervous thing, being surrounded by so many awesome artists, but there are no words to express how freaking psyched I am.
Thank you, hikaru!