|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2006-09-12 23:31:00
Original poster: snarrymod
Your Name (and lj name if different): redpiratemel
Your Snarry Games Team: Team Angst (teamangst_art)
1. What made you decide on Team Angst?
I'm of the opinion that Snarry is inherently angsty (though I've read some stellar non-angsty Snarry), and angst will be a challenge for me. I'm also generally a fan of making people go "ooh" over something that confronts darker issues. Angst it is!
2. Which HP character is your favourite to create in art?
Anyone female, especially Luna, Tonks, and Ginny…possibly together. I adore the male characters too, but I sometimes think my versions look a little feminine. Don't worry, this won't necessarily be the case for my Games piece.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
Yes, I suppose, because my art began in fandom about a year ago or so ago. Fan art awakened the perv-, I mean, muse in me.
4. Do you prefer drawing your own scenarios, or drawing scenes from canon?
I definitely prefer drawing from the stories or characterizations in my head. I'm starting to dabble in comics, and this usually means storyboarding from fanon for me.
5. What made you decide to draw fanart the first time? Which fandom was it?
Harry Potter! I haven't done much fanart for anything else. I was inspired at first by the work I saw by duckpuppy and sherant.
6. Who is your favourite fandom artist?
Don't make me choose one! Cruise my flist and you'll find my absolute favorites. I have a link to my art comms filter from my journal. It's more a case of "what do I admire this week: coloring, anatomy, story, line art..?" Oh, and I can't recall who did that Death Eater series, but they're definitely on My All-time Favorite list. (If you remind me who it is, I'll love you forever.)
7. Have you ever been inspired to draw fanart for a fanfiction work? Why?
Definitely, though I've never followed through. *is bad*
8. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
I always sketch my art out in pencil, then ink it with India ink using nibs. My favorite is the crow quill nib #108 (or is it 109?). I have an awesome set of art markers for coloring, and I love digital coloring (though I don't have a tablet yet). But I'm a bit of a coloring novice, so I tend to stick with black and white.
9. Do you have a piece of art (fandom or original) you've done that you are most proud of? Would you link it here for us?
All of my art is at artpirate. One of my favorite pieces, but not my best work, is Snape/Lupin: http://community.livejournal.com/artpir
There's another one I adore, but I can't show it to you because it was for an anonymous exchange that isn't finished yet. Stay tuned.
10. Are you excited about the Snarry Games?
Does Snape want to shag Harry six ways til Sunday? (oh right, and for the angst: then leave him broken and bruised for Voldemort?)
Thank you, redpiratemel!