|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2006-09-12 01:42:00
Original poster: snarrymod
Name (and lj name if different): pennswoods
Your Snarry Games Team: Romance (teamromance_art)
1. What made you decide on Team Romance?
I'm just so thrilled to be participating in the Snarry Games at all that I was game for either team.
2. Which HP character is your favourite to create in art?
I love drawing the kids, especially Harry, Neville, Luna and Trevor (my favorite character), and Snape!
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
It really has. I hadn't really done much drawing in the past 10-15 years until last summer,when I began rereading the HP series in preparation for the release of HBP. This art explosion has forced me to become so much more aware of the nuances of shading, perspective, proportion, and motion. And earlier this year, I actually began coloring my sketches for the first time!
4. Do you prefer drawing your own scenarios, or drawing scenes from canon?
I love to draw canon and gorgeously written moments in fanfic.
5. What made you decide to draw fanart the first time? Which fandom was it?
Waaaaaaaaaaay back when I was in middle school (in the mid-1980s), I was obsessed with Voltron and Robotech, and used to sit around with my friends drawing pictures of ourselves in uniforms, and in cool spacecraft alongside the characters in the series. I didn't know it at the time, but I was doing fanart.
6. Who is your favourite fandom artist?
I love so many, but I have to give my love to mudblood428 who has really inspired me with her own growth as an artist. It was she who first introduced me to the joy of prismacolor colored pencils, and I continue to draw inspiration from the enormous detail of her work.
7. Have you ever been inspired to draw fanart for a fanfiction work? Why?
Absolutely. Have you ever read a scene that you just couldn't let go of, that you just wanted to preserve long after the story had ended? That's how I felt when I read both Giving Notice by Quoth the Raven, and Becoming Neville by jedirita.
8. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Prismacolor Colored Pencils.
9. Do you have a piece of art (fandom or original) you've done that you are most proud of? Would you link it here for us?
Heh. One of my most recent is my first shirtless Snape here (maybe NWS for shirtless men hugging). I also do portraits of the snapecast staff in their Hogwarts/School uniforms, and just recently tried my hand at a Durmstrang outfit for perosha.
10. Are you excited about the Snarry Games?
Thank you, pennswoods!