|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-10-10 00:27:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 26 - Lampblack!
We welcome another third-year veteran and dedicated supporter to the Games!
Your Name: lampblack
Your Team: Dragon
1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
All of them. I think of myself as a nonrepresentational artist, so figurative and narrative work does not come easily for me.
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
The Snape- oops, I mean Harry Potter- fandom is my first fandom.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
Yes, working with images and themes that are a part of a shared mythic culture is so different than my previous work with private images.
4. In a Snape/Harry/ (Dragon) cage match, who wins?
Snape, Harry, and the Dragon are all pretty tired of ritualized violence as entertainment, so they join a peace march instead!
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Graphite pencil, and relief printmaking.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent? Your weakest?
Strongest, being an obnoxious smartass. Weakest, creating work in an easy and timely manner. I obsess and procrastinate!
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
I'm fond of my version of the Tarot card Temperance; Snape as the balance point:
8. What (or who) inspires you in Fandom?
Snarry Games Mods. The organizational ability... The nurturing... The patience and tact... the really hard work...
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
Someone printing my work and pinning it up by their desk.
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
Thank you, lampblack! Stay tuned for more interviews and some Opening Games surprises!