|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-10-07 23:35:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 24 - Chrysos!
We welcome another veteran to the Games!
Your Name: chrysos
Your Team: Dragon
1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
Actually, that would be Harry, more specifically, his hair. I always give him brownish hair, somehow that's how I see him. But the hair never looks the same. I'm rather satisfied with his hair for this entry, though.
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
The Potter Universe. My one and only.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art?
Yes. Before making HP fanart, I hadn't touched a pencil for years. So that would be a change. And I started using Photoshop for the colours. Now I also design cards for special occasions for family and friends.
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Pencil for the drawing, Photoshop (CS3) for the colouring and effects.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent?
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
That would still be Heavenly Bodies (http://www.chrysos.nl/pics/heaven.htm
8. What (or who) inspires you in Fandom?
I'm often inspired by fanfics I've read. There is one right now I'm working on, but I won't say which one, because I'm not sure my idea will work out.
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
The answer lies in the question. Of course the highest form of compliment would be an unsolicited fanfic based on my fanart. Which happened once (although not quite unsolicited, I asked, if anyone knows the story behind this picture, please write it).
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
I live in a dark, damp dungeon, but once a year I emerge to participate in the Snarry Olympics. So that would make it the highlight of the year. Wouldn't it?
Seriously, I always love to see what everyone makes of the genres and prompts. It's always great fun to participate, and I'm always soooo disappointed that the champions can't vote. Can't you PLEASE open a separate poll for us champions?
Thank you, chrysos! Stay tuned for more interviews and some Opening Games surprises!