1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
I’d have to say Harry… trying to get the facial structure correct, so he doesn’t look like an adolescent.
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
HPFandom. It’s really the only fandom I have an interest in—nothing else has grabbed my interest.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
*chuckles* It certainly is much more ‘racy’ these days!
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
Neither, they'd be grappling, end up in an embrace which would lead to nawty smex and a draw.
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Graphite pencil – I like to do shading and it’s the easiest medium for it.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent? Your weakest?
My strongest is my imagination. My weakest would be struggling to get what I see ‘just so’ on the paper, so it matches what’s in my head.
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
It’s one of the early pieces I did when I started drawing again after 30 years. I found this picture of Alan Rickman in shadow and had to draw it. Though my skills have improved a bit since then, it is still my favorite:
Very well-written stories that bring to mind very vivid pictures of the scenes described, and the work of some of my favorite fellow fanartists, i.e. Undunoops, Lizard Spots, Marquise, and Ildi, to name a few.
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
If someone were to collect my artwork, the way I collect the pieces of my favorite fanartists. (I have a revolving screensaver on all my computers so I can enjoy the pictures anytime – wonderful inspiration!).
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
Oh, at least as excited as Ron was to see Viktor at the Quidditch World Cup!
Thank you, accio_kilt. Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews, and some Opening Games Surprises!