1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
Hmmm, probably the ones I never go near! Actually, I have discovered that it is hard for me to draw the younger characters. My ability to draw children is feeble at best! (Soon to improve, I fervently hope, as I have an assignment with 10 yr old Harry!)
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
V for Vendetta was my first intense adult fandom experience. That movie (as well as the graphic novel) are already so beautifully visual, that what I tried to illustrate didn't satisfy (er, wasn't very good!), so I painted the energy and mystical experiences that I had. I have one (unfinished)portait painting of V, a few very strange drawings and a number of expressionistic works on paper.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
RU kidding? I have been seized by the throat by a demanding muse who I adore, and I am so grateful for the high quality motivation, I happily obey.
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
They all rise together, transforming everything in their path.
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Oil paint! With pencil/photoshop running a close second these days. And charcoal, I love the feel of it.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent? Your weakest?
I have a lot of experience with traditional media, and a strong sense of colour. My skill at portrait, character, likeness and expression have some serious deficiencies, but are getting stronger every day. I consider fandom to be my self-appointed MFA in illustration and portraiture.
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
Oh, my. Well, Severus, for one thing. And along the way I have fallen in love with Harry. But I have to say fans are what make the world go round, the beautiful way we egg each other on and reward creativity, share inspiration (and porn!) and reap lovely friendships and great entertainment in the process. My list of fanart heroes is longer than both my arms, but if you check my flist you'll see quite a few. I relentlessly stalk friend the artists I admire so I don't miss anything they do. And writers, ZOMG. Since my early reccs came from Snapecast and the Snarry Games, I am richly spoiled by truly awesome fiction that feeds my dreams, and my art. **throws roses**
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
Well, basically I am a comment slut. Comment, nitpick, criticize, tell me your dreams, gush about a favorite line, suggest another drawing idea, tell me you love me. Write poetry, arguments, rants, whatever. and bring on the comment porn!
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
**Flaps wings fanning flames higher and higher** I am ignited with energy, anxiety, and let's hope, creativity!
Thank you, venturous. Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews, and some Opening Games Thingies!